Adding Ajax: Making Existing Sites More Interactive
Super Savings Item! Save 37% on the Adding Ajax: Making Existing Sites More Interactive by O'Reilly Media at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Ajax can bring many advantages to an existing web application without forcing you to redo the whole thing. This book explains how you can add Ajax to
Ajax can bring many advantages to an existing web application without forcing you to redo the whole thing. This book explains how you can add Ajax to enhance, rather than replace, the way your application works. For instance, if you have a traditional web application based on submitting a form to update a table, you can enhance it by adding the capability to update the table with changes to the form fields, without actually having to submit the form. That's just one example.
Adding Ajax is for those of you more interested in extending existing applications than in creating Rich Internet Applications (RIA). You already know the "business-side" of applications-web forms, server-side driven pages, and static content-and now you want to make your web pages livelier, more fun, and much more interactive. This book:
- Provides an overview of Ajax technologies, and the importance of developing a strategy for changing your site before you sit down to code
- Explains the heart and soul of Ajax: how to work with the XMLHttpRequest object
- Introduces and demonstrates several important Ajax libraries, including Prototype, script.aculo.us, rico, Mochikit
- Explores the interactive element that is Ajax, including how to work with events and event handlers that work across browsers
- Introduces the concept of web page as space, and covers three popular approaches to managing web space
- Explains how to make data updates, including adding new data, deleting, and making updates, all from within a single page
- Describes the effects Ajax has on the Web-breaking the back button, losing browser history, dynamic effects that disappear when the page is refreshed, and more
- Covers advanced CSS effects, including drag and drop "scroll bars", pagination, and the use of SVG and the Canvas object
- Explores mashups-Ajax's ability to combine data from different web services in any number of ways, directly in our web pages
You don't need to start over to use Ajax. You can simply add to what you already have. This book explains how.
Features & Highlights
- ISBN13: 9780596529369
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
|Item Weight:||1.38 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.01 x 9.19 x 9.19 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by O'Reilly Media, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: Sams
ean: 9780672329739, isbn: 0672329735,
As the Internet user experience (UX) progresses, more users are demanding and expecting their custom-built business applications to provide the same UX that they see on the Internet every day. ASP.NET 3.5 AJAX Unleashed empowers ASP.NET developers to...
By Microsoft Press
ean: 9780735625914, isbn: 0735625913,
Make your rich Internet applications easier to write, manage, and update by leveraging ASP.NET AJAX, the Microsoft AJAX Library, and the Windows® mmunication Foundation Web programming model. With extensive code samples and guidance from an AJAX exp...
By Brand: Apress
mpn: 9781430209836, ean: 9781430209836, isbn: 1430209836,
By Brand: Apress
ean: 9781590596760, isbn: 1590596765,
This book gives the most up-to-date picture of the topic―XML support in the most modern web browsers, creating XML-driven applications using the most versions of web standards and server-side languages, including CSS 2.1/3, DOM, XSLT and XPath 2, P...
By Brand: Packt Publishing
sku: I9781847192004, ean: 9781847192004, isbn: 1847192009,
ZK is an open-source web development framework that enables web applications to have the rich user experiences and low development costs that desktop applications have had for years. ZK includes an Ajax-based event-driven engine, rich sets of XML Use...
By Magma Interactive,LLC
ean: 9780970372031, isbn: 0970372035,
By Brand: Apress
ean: 9781590597873, isbn: 1590597877,
The Google Maps API is a showcase example of the Web 2.0 development paradigm, designed to be invitingly simple for developers to incorporate dynamic mapping services into Web applications. Beginning Google Maps Applications with Rails and Ajax takes...
By Brand: Apress
ean: 9781590599594, isbn: 1590599594,
There has been a huge surge in interest in ‘Web 2.0’ technologies over the last couple of years. Microsoft’s contribution to this area has been the ASP.NET AJAX and Silverlight technologies, coupled to a supporting framework of ancillary tools....
By McGraw-Hill Education
mpn: Illustrations, ean: 9780071502771, isbn: 0071502777,
Design and Deploy Highly Responsive Data-Driven Web 2.0 ApplicationsDeliver next-generation user capabilities and client-side services in your Oracle-based Web applications by combining the powerful features of AJAX and PHP. Written by Web 2.0 progra...
By Brand: O'Reilly Media
mpn: 9780596527563, ean: 9780596527563, isbn: 059652756X,
.NET 3.5 will help you create better Windows applications, build Web Services that are more powerful, implement new Workflow projects and dramatically enhance the user's experience. But it does so with what appears to be a collection of disparate tec...