Amazon Web Services in Action
Extreame Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 41% on the Amazon Web Services in Action by Manning Publications at EMS Linux. MPN: 42911490. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Summary Amazon Web Services in Action introduces you to computing, storing, and networking in the AWS cloud. The book will teach you about the most
Amazon Web Services in Action introduces you to computing, storing, and networking in the AWS cloud. The book will teach you about the most important services on AWS. You will also learn about best practices regarding automation, security, high availability, and scalability.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Physical data centers require lots of equipment and take time and resources to manage. If you need a data center, but don't want to build your own, Amazon Web Services may be your solution. Whether you're analyzing real-time data, building software as a service, or running an e-commerce site, AWS offers you a reliable cloud-based platform with services that scale. All services are controllable via an API which allows you to automate your infrastructure.
About the Book
Amazon Web Services in Action introduces you to computing, storing, and networking in the AWS cloud. The book will teach you about the most important services on AWS. You will also learn about best practices regarding security, high availability and scalability.You'll start with a broad overview of cloud computing and AWS and learn how to spin-up servers manually and from the command line. You'll learn how to automate your infrastructure by programmatically calling the AWS API to control every part of AWS. You will be introduced to the concept of Infrastructure as Code with the help of AWS CloudFormation.You will learn about different approaches to deploy applications on AWS. You'll also learn how to secure your infrastructure by isolating networks, controlling traffic and managing access to AWS resources. Next, you'll learn options and techniques for storing your data. You will experience how to integrate AWS services into your own applications by the use of SDKs. Finally, this book teaches you how to design for high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability.
- Overview of cloud concepts and patterns
- Manage servers on EC2 for cost-effectiveness
- Infrastructure automation with Infrastructure as Code (AWS CloudFormation)
- Deploy applications on AWS
- Store data on AWS: SQL, NoSQL, object storage and block storage
- Integrate Amazon's pre-built services
- Architect highly available and fault tolerant systems
About the Reader
Written for developers and DevOps engineers moving distributed applications to the AWS platform.
About the Authors
Andreas Wittig and Michael Wittig are software engineers and consultants focused on AWS and web development.
Table of Contents
- What is Amazon Web Services?
- A simple example: WordPress in five minutes
- Using virtual servers: EC2
- Programming your infrastructure: the command line, SDKs, and CloudFormation
- Automating deployment: CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, and OpsWorks
- Securing your system: IAM, security groups, and VPC
- Storing your objects: S3 and Glacier
- Storing your data on hard drives: EBS and instance store
- Using a relational database service: RDS
- Programming for the NoSQL database service: DynamoDB
- Achieving high availability: availability zones, auto-scaling, and CloudWatch
- Decoupling your infrastructure: ELB and SQS
- Designing for fault-tolerance
- Scaling up and down: auto-scaling and CloudWatch
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
PART 2 BUILDING VIRTUAL INFRASTRUCTURE WITH SERVERS AND NETWORKING
PART 3 STORING DATA IN THE CLOUD
PART 4 ARCHITECTING ON AWS
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.9 x 9.2 x 9.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.68 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.24 x 1.02 x 1.02 inches|