Anyone Can Create an App: Beginning iPhone and iPad programming
Extreame Savings Item! Save 42% on the Anyone Can Create an App: Beginning iPhone and iPad programming by Manning Publications at EMS Linux. MPN: 9781617292651. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Summary Do you have a fantastic idea for an iPhone app but no idea how to bring it to life? Great news! With the right tools and a little practice,
Do you have a fantastic idea for an iPhone app but no idea how to bring it to life? Great news! With the right tools and a little practice, anyone can create an app. This book will get you started, even if you've never written a line of computer code.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Anyone Can Create an App begins with the basics by introducing programming concepts, the Swift language, and the tools you'll need to write iOS apps. As you explore the interesting examples, illuminating illustrations, and crystal-clear step-by-step instructions, you'll learn to:
- Get started programming, no experience necessary!
- Add controls like text boxes and buttons
- Keep track of your favorite things by creating the Like It or Not (LioN) app
About the Reader
This book is written especially for non programmers - no experience needed!
About the Author
Wendy Wise has an extensive background in mobile and application development and has worked with several Fortune 500 companies. In her 17-year technical career, Wendy has served as a senior director of software development, a senior product manager for international mobile applications, and a hands-on developer for web and mobile technologies, among many other technical roles. Wendy fully embraces her nerd/geek side, as you'll find out as you read this book. In her spare time, she enjoys beer, coffee, photography, camping, and being outdoors.
Table of Contents
- Getting started
- Building your first app
- Your first app, explained
- Learning more about your development tools: Xcode
- Capturing users' actions: adding buttons
- The button app, explained
- Capturing user input: adding text boxes
- Playing on the Playground
- Go with the flow, man! Controlling the flow of your app
- While you're doing that...
- Telling stories with storyboards
- ViewControllers in depth
- Put it on my tab: creating tab bars
- Table views: more than a coffee table picture book
- Patterns: learning to sew
- Putting it all together: the LioN app
- Adding data to your LioN app
- Displaying details of your LioN
- Creating the details of the detail view
- The AddEditView scene
- Delegates are everywhere
- Editing LioNs
- Saving LioNs
- Making your LioN prettier
- Working with Auto Layout
- Search your LioNs
PART 1 - YOUR VERY FIRST APP
PART 2 - THE KEYS TO THE CITY: UNDERSTANDING KEY DEVELOPMENT CONCEPTS
PART 3 - CREATING THE LIKE IT OR NOT APP
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.7 x 9.2 x 9.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.37 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.09 x 0.47 x 0.47 inches|