Assembly Language Step-by-Step: Programming with Linux
Mega Sale! Save 28% on the Assembly Language Step-by-Step: Programming with Linux by imusti at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The eagerly anticipated new edition of the bestsellingintroduction to x86 assembly language The long-awaited third edition of this bestselling
The long-awaited third edition of this bestselling introductionto assembly language has been completely rewritten to focus on32-bit protected-mode Linux and the free NASM assembler. Assemblyis the fundamental language bridging human ideas and the puresilicon hearts of computers, and popular author Jeff Duntemanretains his distinctive lighthearted style as he presents astep-by-step approach to this difficult technical discipline.
He starts at the very beginning, explaining the basic ideas ofprogrammable computing, the binary and hexadecimal number systems,the Intel x86 computer architecture, and the process of softwaredevelopment under Linux. From that foundation he systematicallytreats the x86 instruction set, memory addressing, procedures,macros, and interface to the C-language code libraries upon whichLinux itself is built.
- Serves as an ideal introduction to x86 computing concepts, asdemonstrated by the only language directly understood by the CPUitself
- Uses an approachable, conversational style that assumes noprior experience in programming of any kind
- Presents x86 architecture and assembly concepts through acumulative tutorial approach that is ideal for self-pacedinstruction
- Focuses entirely on free, open-source software, includingUbuntu Linux, the NASM assembler, the Kate editor, and theGdb/Insight debugger
- Includes an x86 instruction set reference for the most commonmachine instructions, specifically tailored for use by programmingbeginners
- Woven into the presentation are plenty of assembly codeexamples, plus practical tips on software design, coding, testing,and debugging, all using free, open-source software that may bedownloaded without charge from the Internet.
|Item Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.3 x 1.7 x 1.7 inches|