Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace
Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace by Apress at EMS Linux. MPN: 160 black & white illustrations, biograp. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace takes you through the process of using the RPG Maker VX Ace game development engine to create your very own role playing
Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace takes you through the process of using the RPG Maker VX Ace game development engine to create your very own role playing game. The book has been designed with the complete beginner in mind who has little to no experience with the engine. Tutorials and exercises will take you from installing the software to putting the final touches upon your first project.
Game design can be quite a daunting challenge, as it generally involves a large amount of programming know-how on top of having to plan everything out that makes a good game what it is. RPG Maker VX Ace is an intuitive system that allows you to make your own game with a fraction of the effort otherwise required. Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace equips you with the knowledge you need to use Enterbrain’s newest role playing game development engine.
- Takes you from the start of a project to the completion of a small game.
- Provides a step-by-step process that will walk you through each stage of the creation process.
- Gives many helpful tips and tricks you can apply to your future endeavors with the engine.
What youll learn
- Switches and variables and how they can be used to affect the game world.
- Populate your areas with non-player characters that serve a wide range of roles.
- Use the database which serves as the backbone of RPG Maker VX Ace.
- Create dungeons with two types of enemy encounters.
- Create fun and varied mini-games and side-quests to serve as distractions from the main plot.
- The basics of using RPG Maker VX Ace’s Script Editor.
Who this book is for
Beginning RPG Maker VX Ace is for novices in game design who would like to learn how to use a simple, yet robust, game development engine. It’s for those people who have little to no programming experience but would like to make an RPG.
Table of ContentsPart I: Creating a Solid Foundation
Chapter 1: Starting Out With RPG Maker VX Ace
Chapter 2: Switches and Variables
Chapter 3: Of Friends and Foes
Chapter 4: Fleshing Out Your World
Chapter 5: Your First Dungeon
Part II: Increasing the Complexity
Chapter 6: Your Second Dungeon
Chapter 7: Arenas and Other Minigames
Chapter 8: Sidequests
Chapter 9: All About Common Events
Chapter 10: Treasure Hunting and Other Hidden Things
Part III: The Finishing Touches
Chapter 11: Puzzles
Chapter 12: Final Preparations
Chapter 13: The Final Dungeon
Chapter 14: Basic Scripting Exercises in RPG Maker VX Ace
Chapter 15: More Tips and Tricks for RPG Maker VX Ace
|Part Number:||160 black & white illustrations, biograp|
|MPN:||160 black & white illustrations, biograp|
|Item Weight:||1.27 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.76 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.6 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.76 x 0.76 inches|