- Shows you how to build interactive mobile web sites using web technologies optimized for browsers in smartphones
- Details markup fundamentals, design principles, content adaptation, usability, and interoperability
- Explores cross-platform standards and best practices for the mobile Web authored by the W3C, dotMobi, and similar organizations
- Dives deeps into the feature sets of the most popular mobile browsers, including WebKit, Chrome, Palm Pre webOS, Pocket IE, Opera Mobile, and Skyfire
What you'll learn
- Build interactive mobile web pages that comply with industry standards and best practices.
- Develop web sites using the markup languages of the mobile Web: XHTML-MP, Wireless CSS, and WML.
- Adapt the syntax and design of mobile web pages to target smartphone models.
- Enhance mobile web pages to target advanced features of smartphone browsers.
- Validate and compress mobile markup to optimize for network transmission and browser performance.
- Simulate smartphone browsers using emulators and development tools.
Desktop web developers at software companies and IT departments of non-technology businesses need to learn mobile web technologies to meet the demands of managers who will soon be asking them to "mobilize this web site." These developers will want to do the minimum work possible to maximize the compatibility of their mobile web sites. The standards-based approach advocated in this book will allow them to build gracefully adaptive and portable mobile web experiences that perform well across mobile browser platforms.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Mobile Web Development
- Set Up Your Mobile Web Development Environment
- Mobile Markup Languages
- Device Awareness and Content Adaptation
- Mobile Web Usability
- Enhancing Mobile Web Pages for Smartphone Browsers
- Optimizing Mobile Markup
- Validating Mobile Markup
- Testing a Mobile Web Site
- Deploying a Mobile Web Site
- How to Play Well in the Mobile Ecosystem
- The Future of the Mobile Web
|Item Weight:||1.38 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.82 x 10.25 x 10.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.12 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.02 x 1.02 inches|