Building an RPG with Unity 2018: Leverage the power of Unity 2018 to build elements of an RPG., 2nd Edition
Free Shipping Included! Building an RPG with Unity 2018: Leverage the power of Unity 2018 to build elements of an RPG., 2nd Edition by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Build a high-end, multiplayer role-playing game (RPG) from scratch with C# and Unity 2018Key FeaturesGet insights into Unity's user interface (UI)
Build a high-end, multiplayer role-playing game (RPG) from scratch with C# and Unity 2018
- Get insights into Unity's user interface (UI) system and and build UIs for your RPG
- Implement artificial intelligence (AI) to build intelligent entities that take your game to the next level
- Develop multiplayer features for an RPG using Unity 2018
In a role-playing game (RPG), users control a character, usually in the game's imaginary universe. Unity has become a top choice for developers looking to create these kinds of immersive RPGs.
Building an RPG with Unity 2018, based on building some of the most common RPG features, teaches you tips, tricks, and techniques that can be applied to your own game.
To start with, the book guides you through the fundamentals of role-playing games. You will learn the necessary aspects of building an RPG, such as structuring the game environment, customizing characters, controlling the camera, and designing other attributes such as inventory and weapons. You will also explore designing game levels by adding more features. Once you have understood the bigger picture, you will understand how to tackle the obstacles of networking in Unity and implement multiplayer mode for your RPG games.
By the end of the book, you will be able to build upon the core RPG framework elements to create your own immersive games.
What you will learn
- Construct a framework for inventory, equipment, characters, enemies, quests, and game events
- Understand how to load and unload scenes and assets
- Create multiplayer game settings for your RPG
- Design a UI for user input and feedback
- Implement AI for non-character players
- Customize your character at runtime
Who this book is for
Building an RPG with Unity 2018 is for you if you are a programmer interested in developing and further enhancing your skills when developing RPGs in Unity 2018. This book does not cover the basics of Unity, and so is for intermediate or more advanced users.
Table of Contents
- What is an RPG?
- Planning the Game
- RPG Character Design
- The Game Mechanics
- Game Master and Game Mechanics
- Building an Inventory System
- Heads Up Display and UI Design
- Multiplayer and Networking
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.76 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.38 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.76 x 0.76 inches|