Building Microservices with Go: Develop seamless, efficient, and robust microservices with Go
Free Shipping Included! Building Microservices with Go: Develop seamless, efficient, and robust microservices with Go by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesPacked with real-world examples of building microservices with GoEasy to read and will benefit smaller teams who want to extend the
- Packed with real-world examples of building microservices with Go
- Easy to read and will benefit smaller teams who want to extend the functionality of their existing system
- Explore cost-effective ways of maintaining a monolithic architecture
Microservice architecture is sweeping the world as the de facto pattern to build web-based applications. Golang is a language particularly well suited to building them. Its strong community, encouragement of idiomatic style, and statically linked binary artifacts make integrating it with other technologies and managing microservices at scale consistent and intuitive. Building Microservices with Go will teach you the common patterns and practices, showing you how to apply these using the Go programming language.
Learn about the fundamental concepts of architectural design and RESTful communication, and patterns that provide manageable code that is supportable in development and at scale in production. We will provide you with examples on how to put these concepts and patterns into practice with Go.
Whether you are planning to develop a new application or working in an existing monolith, this book will explain and illustrate with practical examples how teams of all sizes can start solving problems with microservices. It will help you understand Docker and Docker Compose and how it can be used to isolate microservice dependencies and build environments. We finish off by showing you various techniques to monitor, test, and secure your microservices.
By the end, you will know the benefits of system resilience of a microservice and the advantages of Go stack.
What you will learn
- Plan a microservice architecture and design a microservice
- Write a microservice with a RESTful API and a database
- Understand the common idioms and common patterns in microservice architecture
- Leverage tools and automation that helps microservices become horizontally scalable
- Obtain grounding in containerization with Docker and Docker Compose to accelerate your development lifecycle
- Manage and secure Microservices at scale with monitoring, service discovery, and automation
- Test microservices and integrate API tests in Go
About the Author
Nic Jackson is a software engineering evangelist working for notonthehighstreet.com, with over 20 years, experience in software development and leading software development teams. A huge fan of mobile application and microservice architecture, he is constantly looking out for the most efficient way to reuse code and improve development flow.
In his spare time, Nic organizes Wild West Tech Talks, a meetup group in West London; coaches and mentors at codebar.io and Coder Dojo; speaks and evangelizes good coding practice, processes, and techniques; and works to raise money for a charity he runs with his wife.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Microservices
- Designing a good API
- Introduction to Dockers
- Common Patterns
- Microservice Frameworks
- Monitoring and Logging
- Securing your Microservice
- Setting up an Automated builds and Continuous Integration
- CQRS / Event Driven Architecture
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Weight:||1.36 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.81 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 0.91 x 0.91 inches|