Building RESTful Web Services with .NET Core: Developing Distributed Web Services to improve scalability with .NET Core 2.0 and ASP.NET Core 2.0
Free Shipping Included! Building RESTful Web Services with .NET Core: Developing Distributed Web Services to improve scalability with .NET Core 2.0 and ASP.NET Core 2.0 by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Building Complete E-commerce/Shopping Cart ApplicationKey FeaturesFollow best practices and explore techniques such as clustering and caching to
Building Complete E-commerce/Shopping Cart Application
- Follow best practices and explore techniques such as clustering and caching to achieve a reactive, scalable web service
- Leverage the .NET Framework to quickly implement RESTful endpoints.
- Learn to implement a client library for a RESTful web service using ASP.NET Core.
REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. In today's connected world, APIs have taken a central role on the web. APIs provide the fabric through which systems interact, and REST has become synonymous with APIs. The depth, breadth, and ease of use of ASP.NET Core makes it a breeze for developers to work with for building robust web APIs. This book takes you through the design of RESTful web services and leverages the ASP.NET Core framework to implement these services. This book begins by introducing you to the basics of the philosophy behind REST. You'll go through the steps of designing and implementing an enterprise-grade RESTful web service. This book takes a practical approach, that you can apply to your own circumstances. This book brings forth the power of the latest .NET Core release, working with MVC. Later, you will learn about the use of the framework to explore approaches to tackle resilience, security, and scalability concerns. You will explore the steps to improve the performance of your applications. You'll also learn techniques to deal with security in web APIs and discover how to implement unit and integration test strategies. By the end of the book, you will have a complete understanding of Building a client for RESTful web services, along with some scaling techniques.
What you will learn
- Add basic authentication to your RESTful API
- Create a Carts Controller and Orders Controller to manage and process Orders
- Intercept HTTP requests and responses by building your own middleware
- Test service calls using Postman and Advanced REST Client
- Secure your data/application using annotations
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who want to learn to build RESTful web services with the latest .NET Core Framework. To make best use of the code samples included in the book, you should have a basic knowledge of C# and .NET Core.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Build Initial Framework - Layout Foundation of Application
- User registration and Administration
- Item catalogue Cart and Checkout
- Integrating external components and handling
- Testing RESTful Web Services
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Securing RESTful Web Services
- Scaling RESTful Services (Performance of Web Services)
- Building a Web Client (Consuming Web Services)
- Introduction to microservices
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.76 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.59 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.76 x 0.76 inches|