C# and .NET Core Test Driven Development: Dive into TDD to create flexible, maintainable, and production-ready .NET Core applications
Free Shipping Included! C# and .NET Core Test Driven Development: Dive into TDD to create flexible, maintainable, and production-ready .NET Core applications by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Learn how to apply a test-driven development process by building ready C# 7 and .NET Core applications.Key FeaturesCreate tests to quickly detect and
Learn how to apply a test-driven development process by building ready C# 7 and .NET Core applications.
- Create tests to quickly detect and resolve issues when writing portable code
- Uncover code integration issues that improve code quality using continuous integration
- Set up and use data-driven unit testing to verify your code
This book guides developers to create robust, production-ready C# 7 and .NET Core applications through the practice of test-driven development process.
In C# and .NET Core Test-Driven Development, you will learn the different stages of the TDD life cycle, basics of TDD, best practices, and anti-patterns. It will teach you how to create an ASP.NET Core MVC sample application, write testable code with SOLID principles and set up a dependency injection for your sample application. Next, you will learn the xUnit testing framework and learn how to use its attributes and assertions. You’ll see how to create data-driven unit tests and mock dependencies in your code. You will understand the difference between running and debugging your tests on .NET Core on LINUX versus Windows and Visual Studio. As you move forward, you will be able to create a healthy continuous integration process for your sample application using GitHub, TeamCity, Cake, and Microsoft VSTS.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to write clean and robust code through the effective practice of TDD, set up CI build steps to test and build applications as well as how to package application for deployment on NuGet.
What you will learn
- Write flexible, maintainable, and verifiable code for .NET Core
- Write testable code using SOLID principles and dependency injections
- Recognize the characteristics of a good unit test
- Structure and group your unit test
- Use mock objects to handle dependencies
- Set up an end-to-end continuous integration process
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET developers who would like to build efficient applications by implementing principles of test-driven development. C# programming and working knowledge of VS is assumed.
Table of Contents
- Exploring Test-driven Development
- Getting Started with .NET Core
- Write Testable Code
- .NET Core Unit Testing
- Data Driven Unit Tests
- Mocking Dependencies
- Hosting Project and Configure for Continuous Integration
- Create Continuous Integration Build Process
- Testing and Packaging the Application
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.68 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.2 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.52 x 0.71 x 0.71 inches|