COBOL for the 21st Century
Free Shipping Included! COBOL for the 21st Century by Wiley at EMS Linux. MPN: illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. COBOL . . . Still standing tall. Just like the evergreen, the COBOL programming language has remained vibrant and full of life year after year.
COBOL . . . Still standing tall.
Just like the evergreen, the COBOL programming language has remained vibrant and full of life year after year. Today, COBOL is running a large number of the world's business data applications, and it's likely to remain a viable language in the years ahead.
Now in its 11th Edition, Nancy Stern, Robert Stern, and James Ley's COBOL for the 21st Century continues to show how to design COBOL programs that are easy to read, debug, modify, and maintain. You'll learn to write interactive programs as well as batch programs with sophisticated file processing techniques, and become familiar with valuable information processing and systems concepts.
* Updated to reflect COBOL 2008, where appropriate.
* A chapter on the Report Writer Module.
* More end-of-chapter questions.
* A running case study builds on what you have learned in each chapter.
* Integrated coverage of interactive programming.
* Covers information processing and systems concepts that will help you interact with users and systems analysts when designing programs.
* Introduces programming tools such as pseudocode and hierarchy charts that make program logic more structured, modular, and top-down.
* Presents useful techniques for maintaining and modifying older "legacy" programs.
* Effective learning tools, including chapter outlines and objectives, debugging tips and exercises, critical-thinking questions, and programming assignments.
* Links to COBOL Internet resources.
* Companion Website (www.wiley.com/college/stern), featuring a syntax reference guide, data sets for all programming assignments, and all programs illustrated in the book.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.12 x 10.98 x 10.98 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.92 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.43 x 1.18 x 1.18 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Wiley, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Jones & Bartlett Learning
ean: 9781284076592, isbn: 1284076598,
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.A Reorganized and U...
By Cengage Learning
ean: 9781418836351, isbn: 1418836354,
The MySQL database has become the world's most popular open source database because of its consistent fast performance, high reliability, and ease of use. That's why best-selling authors Phil Pratt and Mary Last are pleased to introduce their latest ...
By Addison-Wesley Professional
mpn: 978-0-2014-8541-7, ean: 9780201485417, isbn: 0201485419,
For the first time in more than 20 years, Knuth has revised all three books to reflect more recent developments in the field. His revisions focus specifically on those areas where knowledge has converged since publication of the last editions, on pro...
ean: 9780134037325, isbn: 0134037324,
NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyProgrammingLab™ does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyProgrammingLab search for 0134059859 / 9780134059853 Starting Out with C++ ...
mpn: black & white tables, diagrams, figures, ean: 9780136061694, isbn: 0136061699,
KEY BENEFIT: This introduction to software engineering and practice addresses both procedural and object-oriented development. KEY TOPICS: Is thoroughly updated to reflect significant changes in software engineering, including modeling and agile meth...
mpn: 23065977, ean: 9780521884075, isbn: 0521884071,
Co-authored by four leading scientists from academia and industry, Numerical Recipes Third Edition starts with basic mathematics and computer science and proceeds to complete, working routines. Widely recognized as the most comprehensive, accessible ...
By SAS Institute
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9781629593548, isbn: 1629593540,
Businesses rely on career professionals with strong SAS knowledge and skills. Set yourself apart from the competition by earning the only globally recognized credential endorsed by SAS.The SAS Certification Prep Guide: Advanced Programming for SAS 9,...