Cocos2d-x by Example: Beginner's Guide - Second Edition
Save 1% on the Cocos2d-x by Example: Beginner's Guide - Second Edition by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. MPN: black & white illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Unleash your inner creativity and learn how to build great cross-platform 2D games with the popular Cocos2d-x framework About This BookBuild
Unleash your inner creativity and learn how to build great cross-platform 2D games with the popular Cocos2d-x framework
About This Book
- Build multi-device games, letting the framework do all the heavy lifting!
- Spruce up your games with easy-to-apply animations, particle effects, and physics simulation
- Quickly implement and test your own game play ideas, with an eye for optimization and portability
Who This Book Is For
If you are a game enthusiast who would like to develop and publish your own game ideas onto different app stores, this is the book for you. Some knowledge of C++ or Java is helpful but not necessary.
What You Will Learn
- Add time-saving and fun-looking animations to your projects
- Make your games look cooler with particle effects
- Draw lines, circles, and other primitives on the screen
- Create place holder sprites to quickly test your game ideas
- Load external data into your games
- Create projects and deploy them to iOS and Android
- Prepare your game for a variety of screen sizes and resolutions
- Use the CocosIDE and the Lua bindings to develop a game
Upgraded and updated, the powerful and popular open source framework Cocos2d-x is better than ever. Through step-by-step tutorials, you'll learn how to take complete advantage of the framework. You'll learn how to add animations and special effects, implement a physics engine, optimize your games, prepare a project for multiple devices, and develop game ideas from the test version to a finished project.
Most importantly, this book provides you with the accumulated knowledge of thousands of game developers, all packed into one easy-to-use and proven framework that will save time and strenuous thinking!
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||1.03 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.61 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.31 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.61 x 0.61 inches|