Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment: Reliable and faster software releases with automating builds, tests, and deployment
Free Shipping Included! Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment: Reliable and faster software releases with automating builds, tests, and deployment by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesIncorporate popular development practices to prevent messy codeAutomate your build, integration, release, and deployment processes with
- Incorporate popular development practices to prevent messy code
- Automate your build, integration, release, and deployment processes with Jenkins, Git, and Gulp?and learn how continuous integration (CI) can save you time and money
The challenge faced by many teams while implementing Continuous Deployment is that it requires the use of many tools and processes that all work together. Learning and implementing all these tools (correctly) takes a lot of time and effort, leading people to wonder whether it's really worth it. This book sets up a project to show you the different steps, processes, and tools in Continuous Deployment and the actual problems they solve.
We start by introducing Continuous Integration (CI), deployment, and delivery as well as providing an overview of the tools used in CI. You'll then create a web app and see how Git can be used in a CI environment. Moving on, you'll explore unit testing using Jasmine and browser testing using Karma and Selenium for your app. You'll also find out how to automate tasks using Gulp and Jenkins. Next, you'll get acquainted with database integration for different platforms, such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL. Finally, you'll set up different Jenkins jobs to integrate with Node.js and C# projects, and Jenkins pipelines to make branching easier.
By the end of the book, you'll have implemented Continuous Delivery and deployment from scratch.
What you will learn
- Get to know all the aspects of Continuous Integration, Deployment, and Delivery
- Find out how Git can be used in a CI environment
- Set up browser tests using Karma and Selenium and unit tests using Jasmine
- Use Node.js, npm, and Gulp to automate tasks such as linting, testing, and minification
- Explore different Jenkins jobs to integrate with Node.js and C# projects
- Perform Continuous Delivery and Deployment using Jenkins
- Test and deliver a web API
About the Author
He has written two e-books so far: Object-Oriented Programming in C# Succinctly and SQL Server for C# Developers Succinctly, which you can download from Syncfusion for free.
He seeks to educate others through his articles on his CodeProject profile, and through his book writing.
Table of Contents
- Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment Foundations
- Setting Up a CI Environment
- Version Control with Git
- Automation with Gulp
- Automation with Jenkins
- A NodeJS And MongoDB Web App
- A C# .NET Core And PostgreSQL Web App
- Additional Jenkins Plugins
- Jenkins Pipelines
- Testing A Web API
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||1.04 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.73 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.52 x 0.94 x 0.94 inches|