Database Reliability Engineering: Designing and Operating Resilient Database Systems
Mega Sale! Save 22% on the Database Reliability Engineering: Designing and Operating Resilient Database Systems by O'Reilly Media at EMS Linux. MPN: 42528523. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The infrastructure-as-code revolution in IT is also affecting database administration. With this practical book, developers, system administrators,
The infrastructure-as-code revolution in IT is also affecting database administration. With this practical book, developers, system administrators, and junior to mid-level DBAs will learn how the modern practice of site reliability engineering applies to the craft of database architecture and operations. Authors Laine Campbell and Charity Majors provide a framework for professionals looking to join the ranks of today’s database reliability engineers (DBRE).
You’ll begin by exploring core operational concepts that DBREs need to master. Then you’ll examine a wide range of database persistence options, including how to implement key technologies to provide resilient, scalable, and performant data storage and retrieval. With a firm foundation in database reliability engineering, you’ll be ready to dive into the architecture and operations of any modern database.
This book covers:
- Service-level requirements and risk management
- Building and evolving an architecture for operational visibility
- Infrastructure engineering and infrastructure management
- How to facilitate the release management process
- Data storage, indexing, and replication
- Identifying datastore characteristics and best use cases
- Datastore architectural components and data-driven architectures
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.62 x 9.17 x 9.17 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.06 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.05 x 0.59 x 0.59 inches|