Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2014
Super Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 33% on the Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2014 by SDC Publications at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2014 is written to educate and assist students, designers, engineers, and professionals in the drawing and
Drawing and Detailing with SolidWorks 2014 is written to educate and assist students, designers, engineers, and professionals in the drawing and detailing tools of SolidWorks. Explore the learning process through a series of design situations, industry scenarios, projects, and objectives target towards the beginning to intermediate SolidWorks user.
Work through numerous activities to create multiple-view, multiple-sheet, detailed drawings, and assembly drawings. Develop Drawing templates, Sheet formats, and Custom Properties. Construct drawings that incorporate part configurations, assembly configurations, and design tables with equations. Manipulate annotations in parts, drawings, assemblies, Revision tables, Bills of Materials and more.
The book provides information and examples in the following areas:
- History of engineering graphics, manual sketching techniques, orthographic projection, isometric projection, multi-view drawings, dimensioning practices, fasteners in general, tolerance and fit and the history of CAD leading to the development of SolidWorks.
- Start a SolidWorks 2014 session and to understand the following interfaces: Menu bar toolbar, Menu bar menu, Drop-down menus, Context toolbars, Consolidated drop-down toolbars, System feedback icons, Confirmation Corner, Heads-up View toolbar, Document Properties and more.
- Apply Document Properties to reflect the ASME Y14 Engineering Drawing and related Drawing Practices.
- Import an AutoCAD file as a Sheet format. Insert SolidWorks System Properties and Custom properties.
- Create new SolidWorks Document tabs.
- Create multi-sheet drawings from various part configurations and develop the following drawing views: Standard, Isometric, Auxiliary, Section, Broken Section, Detail, Half Section (Cut-away), Crop, Projected Back, with a Bill of Materials and a Revision Table and Revisions.
- Insert and edit: Dimensions, Feature Control Frames, Datums, Geometric Tolerancing, Surface Finishes, and Weld Symbols using DimXpert and manual techniques.
- Create, apply, and save Blocks and Parametric Notes in a drawing.
Chapter 10 provides a bonus section on the Certified SolidWorks Associate CSWA program with sample exam questions and initial and final SolidWorks models.
The book is designed to compliment the SolidWorks Users Guide, SolidWorks Reference Guide, Standards, Engineering Drawing/Design and Graphics Communications reference books.
The authors recognize that companies utilize additional drawing standards. The authors developed the industry scenarios by combining industry experience with their knowledge of engineers, sales, vendors and manufacturers. These professionals are directly involved with SolidWorks everyday. Their work goes far beyond a simple drawing with a few dimensions. They create detailed drawings, assembly drawings, marketing drawings and customer drawings. SolidWorks users work between drawings, parts, assemblies and many other documents to complete a project on time.
Table of Contents
- History of Engineering Graphics
- Isometric Projection and Multi View Drawings
- Dimensioning Practices, Tolerancing and Fasteners
- SolidWorks 2014 User Interface
- Drawing Templates and Sheet Formats
- Drawings and Various Drawing Views
- Fundamentals of Detailing
- Assembly Drawings
- Datums, Feature Control Frames, Geeometric Tolerancing and other Drawing symbols
- Introduction to the Certified SolidWorks Associate CSWA Exam
|Item Weight:||3.93 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches|