Functional Programming in C#: How to write better C# code
Super Savings Item! Save 32% on the Functional Programming in C#: How to write better C# code by Manning Publications at EMS Linux. MPN: 47222196. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Summary Functional Programming in C# teaches you to apply functional thinking to real-world problems using the C# language. The book, with its many
Functional Programming in C# teaches you to apply functional thinking to real-world problems using the C# language. The book, with its many practical examples, is written for proficient C# programmers with no prior FP experience. It will give you an awesome new perspective.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Functional programming changes the way you think about code. For C# developers, FP techniques can greatly improve state management, concurrency, event handling, and long-term code maintenance. And C# offers the flexibility that allows you to benefit fully from the application of functional techniques. This book gives you the awesome power of a new perspective.
About the Book
Functional Programming in C# teaches you to apply functional thinking to real-world problems using the C# language. You'll start by learning the principles of functional programming and the language features that allow you to program functionally. As you explore the many practical examples, you'll learn the power of function composition, data flow programming, immutable data structures, and monadic composition with LINQ.
- Write readable, team-friendly code
- Master async and data streams
- Radically improve error handling
- Event sourcing and other FP patterns
About the Reader
Written for proficient C# programmers with no prior FP experience.
About the Author
Enrico Buonanno studied computer science at Columbia University and has 15 years of experience as a developer, architect, and trainer.
Table of Contents
- Introducing functional programming
- Why function purity matters
- Designing function signatures and types
- Patterns in functional programming
- Designing programs with function composition
- Functional error handling
- Structuring an application with functions
- Working effectively with multi-argument functions
- Thinking about data functionally
- Event sourcing: a functional approach to persistence
- Lazy computations, continuations, and the beauty of monadic composition
- Stateful programs and stateful computations
- Working with asynchronous computations
- Data streams and the Reactive Extensions
- An introduction to message-passing concurrency
PART 1 - CORE CONCEPTS
PART 2 - BECOMING FUNCTIONAL
PART 3 - ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.5 x 9.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.54 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.44 x 0.83 x 0.83 inches|