Functional Thinking: Paradigm Over Syntax
Super Savings Item! Save 32% on the Functional Thinking: Paradigm Over Syntax by O Reilly Media at EMS Linux. MPN: black & white illustrations, figures. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. If you’re familiar with functional programming basics and want to gain a much deeper understanding, this in-depth guide takes you beyond syntax and
If you’re familiar with functional programming basics and want to gain a much deeper understanding, this in-depth guide takes you beyond syntax and demonstrates how you need to think in a new way. Software architect Neal Ford shows intermediate to advanced developers how functional coding allows you to step back a level of abstraction so you can see your programming problem with greater clarity.
Each chapter shows you various examples of functional thinking, using numerous code examples from Java 8 and other JVM languages that include functional capabilities. This book may bend your mind, but you’ll come away with a much better grasp of functional programming concepts.
- Understand why many imperative languages are adding functional capabilities
- Compare functional and imperative solutions to common problems
- Examine ways to cede control of routine chores to the runtime
- Learn how memoization and laziness eliminate hand-crafted solutions
- Explore functional approaches to design patterns and code reuse
- View real-world examples of functional thinking with Java 8, and in functional architectures and web frameworks
- Learn the pros and cons of living in a paradigmatically richer world
If you’re new to functional programming, check out Josh Backfield’s book Becoming Functional.
|Brand:||O Reilly Media|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations, figures|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations, figures|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.41 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches|