Geekonomics: The Real Cost of Insecure Software (paperback)
Mega Sale! Free Shipping Included! Save 25% on the Geekonomics: The Real Cost of Insecure Software (paperback) by Brand: Addison-Wesley Professional at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Real Cost of Insecure Software • In 1996, software defects in a Boeing 757 caused a crash that killed 70 people… • In 2003, a
The Real Cost of Insecure Software
• In 1996, software defects in a Boeing 757 caused a crash that killed 70 people…
• In 2003, a software vulnerability helped cause the largest U.S. power outage in decades…
• In 2004, known software weaknesses let a hacker invade T-Mobile, capturing everything from passwords to Paris Hilton’s photos…
• In 2005, 23,900 Toyota Priuses were recalled for software errors that could cause the cars to shut down at highway speeds…
• In 2006 dubbed “The Year of Cybercrime,” 7,000 software vulnerabilities were discovered that hackers could use to access private information…
• In 2007, operatives in two nations brazenly exploited software vulnerabilities to cripple the infrastructure and steal trade secrets from other sovereign nations…
Software has become crucial to the very survival of civilization. But badly written, insecure software is hurting people–and costing businesses and individuals billions of dollars every year. This must change. In Geekonomics, David Rice shows how we can change it.
Rice reveals why the software industry is rewarded for carelessness, and how we can revamp the industry’s incentives to get the reliability and security we desperately need and deserve. You’ll discover why the software industry still has shockingly little accountability–and what we must do to fix that.
Brilliantly written, utterly compelling, and thoroughly realistic, Geekonomics is a long-overdue call to arms. Whether you’re software user, decision maker, employee, or business owner this book will change your life…or even save it.
|Brand:||Brand: Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Item Weight:||1.2 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.55 x 8.82 x 8.82 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.1 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|