Hands-On Bug Bounty for Penetration Testers: A practical guide for bug hunters and ethical hackers to discover, exploit, and prevent web application security flaws
Free Shipping Included! Hands-On Bug Bounty for Penetration Testers: A practical guide for bug hunters and ethical hackers to discover, exploit, and prevent web application security flaws by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Detailed walkthrough of how to compile bug reports using Bug BountyKey FeaturesLearn the art of bug hunting and writing reports for bugs.Penetrate
Detailed walkthrough of how to compile bug reports using Bug Bounty
- Learn the art of bug hunting and writing reports for bugs.
- Penetrate web environment and web applications to find bugs.
- A practical approach towards hacking ethically
Bug hunting or prominently called as bug bounty hunting is one of the most trending approach towards penetration testing environments. This book explores how technical professionals with an interest in security can begin productively - and profitably - participating in bug bounty programs. With walkthroughs that cover looking for, detecting, and submitting reports for vulnerabilities, this provides everything the aspiring freelance security professional needs to find the best bug bounty programs, detect the most desired bugs, and write vulnerability submissions that will earn them the biggest reward.
The book starts with an introduction to the concept of bug bounties, their value to companies, and the most common types of programs and moves on to teach how to evaluate individual bug bounty programs and whether to participate in them. You will learn how to evaluate individual bug bounty programs and whether to participate in them.
Next, you explore how to find specific vulnerabilities - covering where to look for them (applications and more specific points of interest), the tools and methods for finding them, and how to compile a report about them that will get you the best chances of receiving a payout.
Moving on, you will compose a bug report and get acquainted with the do's and don'ts for Bug Bounty testing
What you will learn
- Choose what bug bounty programs to engage in.
- Understand how to minimize your legal liability and hunt for bugs ethically
- How to take notes that will make compiling your submission report easier
- Know how to take an XSS vulnerability from discovery to verification, and to report submission
- Build a simple but effective scanner using Python
- Leverage Burp Suite for CSRF detection
- Use WP Scan and other tools to find vulnerabilities in WP, Drupal, and RoR applications
- Write your report in a way that will earn you the maximum amount of money
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted towards penetration testers or white hat hackers interested in learning the art of bug bounty hunting. Basic penetration testing knowledge is compulsory.
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Package Weight:||1.11 pounds|