iPhone 3D Programming: Developing Graphical Applications with OpenGL ES
Super Savings Item! Save 39% on the iPhone 3D Programming: Developing Graphical Applications with OpenGL ES by O'Reilly Media at EMS Linux. MPN: 978-0-596-80482-4. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. What does it take to build an iPhone app with stunning 3D graphics? This book will show you how to apply OpenGL graphics programming techniques to
What does it take to build an iPhone app with stunning 3D graphics? This book will show you how to apply OpenGL graphics programming techniques to any device running the iPhone OS -- including the iPad and iPod Touch -- with no iPhone development or 3D graphics experience required. iPhone 3D Programming provides clear step-by-step instructions, as well as lots of practical advice, for using the iPhone SDK and OpenGL.
You'll build several graphics programs -- progressing from simple to more complex examples -- that focus on lighting, textures, blending, augmented reality, optimization for performance and speed, and much more. All you need to get started is a solid understanding of C++ and a great idea for an app.
- Learn fundamental graphics concepts, including transformation matrices, quaternions, and more
- Get set up for iPhone development with the Xcode environment
- Become familiar with versions 1.1 and 2.0 of the OpenGL ES API, and learn to use vertex buffer objects, lighting, texturing, and shaders
- Use the iPhone's touch screen, compass, and accelerometer to build interactivity into graphics applications
- Build iPhone graphics applications such as a 3D wireframe viewer, a simple augmented reality application, a spring system simulation, and more
|Item Weight:||1.55 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.19 x 9.19 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 1 x 1 inches|