Learn Access 2003 VBA With The Smart Method
Learn Access 2003 VBA With The Smart Method by The Smart Method Ltd at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Who is this book for?If you've never written VBA code before this book will show you how. This book is for Access developers who:Are comfortable with
Who is this book for?
If you've never written VBA code before this book will show you how.
This book is for Access developers who:
- Are comfortable with all aspects of the interactive use of Access
- Are already able to design simple relational databases
- Want to learn VBA skills from first principles
- Want to learn how to develop professional-grade Access applications
What you will learn
This unique book provides the easiest possible route to mastering professional Microsoft Access VBA programming. Both IT professionals and absolute beginners will love the book as it avoids needless technical jargon and concisely explains everything you need in a simple and no-nonsense way.
The emphasis throughout the book is on solid, professional coding practices and techniques. Instead of simple code snippets the book takes you through the process of developing a high-quality, sophisticated Access application entirely from scratch. By the end of the course you will have a working and complete application that can be used as the basis for your own real-world commercial projects.
Amongst other things you'll learn how to:
- Understand the Object-Orientated paradigm
- Create a custom function library
- Implement custom error handling to eliminate program crashes
- Analyse, understand and improve wizard-generated code
- Implement filters using option group controls
- Add interactive help
- Implement popup browse forms
- Create self-updating combo boxes
- Understand scope and use module-level and global-level constants
- Implement VBA validations to enforce complex business rules
- Create dialog-driven reports
- Export Access data to Word document templates with a single click
- Create an elegant user interface with custom menus and tool bars
- Finalize applications for delivery to your clients
The Smart Method develop and run IT courses and have provided consultancy and training services to many of the world's largest companies in England, Europe and America. This book is also used as the basis of The Smart Method's Access VBA course. If you need to teach Access VBA this book is equally useful as courseware.
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, Daimler Chrysler, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Motorola, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, 02, BMW .. and many, many others.
|Manufacturer:||The Smart Method Ltd|
|Publisher:||The Smart Method Ltd|
|Studio:||The Smart Method Ltd|
|Item Weight:||1.62 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.67 x 11.69 x 11.69 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.94 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.27 x 0.67 x 0.67 inches|