Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches
Super Savings Item! Save 32% on the Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches by Manning Publications at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Summary Discover how scripting is different from command-line PowerShell, as you explore concrete hands-on examples in this handy guide. The book
Discover how scripting is different from command-line PowerShell, as you explore concrete hands-on examples in this handy guide. The book includes and expands on many of the techniques presented in Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Automate it! With Microsoft's PowerShell language, you can write scripts to control nearly every aspect of Windows. Just master a few straightforward scripting skills, and you'll be able to eliminate repetitive manual tasks, create custom reusable tools, and build effective pipelines and workflows. Once you start scripting in PowerShell, you'll be amazed at how many opportunities you'll find to save time and effort.
About the Book
Learn PowerShell Scripting in a Month of Lunches teaches you how to expand your command-line PowerShell skills into effective scripts and tools. In 27 bite-size lessons, you'll discover instantly useful techniques for writing efficient code, finding and squashing bugs, organizing your scripts into libraries, and much more. Advanced scripters will even learn to access the .NET Framework, store data long term, and create nice user interfaces.
- Designing functions and scripts
- Effective pipeline usage
- Dealing with errors and bugs
- Professional-grade scripting practices
About the Reader
Written for devs and IT pros comfortable with PowerShell and Windows.
About the Authors
Don Jones is a PowerShell MVP, speaker, and trainer who has written dozens of books on information technology topics. Jeffery Hicks is a PowerShell MVP and an independent consultant, trainer, and author. Don and Jeff coauthored Manning's Learn Windows PowerShell in a Month of Lunches, Learn PowerShell Toolmaking in a Month of Lunches, and PowerShell in Depth.
Table of Contents
- Before you begin
- Setting up your scripting environment
- WWPD: what would PowerShell do?
- Review: parameter binding and the PowerShell pipeline
- Scripting language crash course
- The many forms of scripting (and which to use)
- Scripts and security
- Always design first
- Avoiding bugs: start with a command
- Building a basic function and script module
- Going advanced with your function
- Objects: the best kind of output
- Using all the pipelines
- Simple help: making a comment
- Dealing with errors
- Filling out a manifest
- Changing your brain when it comes to scripting
- Professional-grade scripting
- An introduction to source control with git
- Pestering your script
- Signing your script
- Publishing your script
- Squashing bugs
- Making script output prettier
- Wrapping up the .NET Framework
- Storing data-not in Excel!
- Never the end
PART 1 - INTRODUCTION TO SCRIPTING
PART 2 - BUILDING A POWERSHELL SCRIPT
PART 3 - GROWN-UP SCRIPTING
PART 4 - ADVANCED TECHNIQUES
|Item Weight:||1.32 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.32 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.32 x 0.87 x 0.87 inches|