Learning AWS Lumberyard Game Development
Free Shipping Included! Learning AWS Lumberyard Game Development by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesBuild a multiplayer 3D game from scratch using the features of Amazon's LumberyardExplore the world of Lumberyard along with Twitch and
- Build a multiplayer 3D game from scratch using the features of Amazon's Lumberyard
- Explore the world of Lumberyard along with Twitch and various key Amazon Web Services to build a game
- This step-by-step practical guide will teach you how to build cross-platform games using Lumberyard
Amazon’s Lumberyard is a 3D cross-platform game development engine for building high-quality AAA games. It makes the process of creating multi-player games and adding realistic characters, stunning terrains, and special effects much faster and more efficient.
This book will show you how to use Lumberyard to create a multiplayer 3D game with cloud computing, storage, and Twitch integration for user engagement. We will start with an introduction to Lumberyard and provide an overview of its capabilities and integration options. Once the game engine is installed, we’ll guide you through the creation of an immersive game world with characters. You’ll add animations and audio to bring the game to life. We’ll explore external interactions to support live multiplayer game play, data storage, user engagement, and the back end.
By the end of the book, you will be efficient in building cross-platform games using Lumberyard.
What you will learn
- Explore Lumberyard’s graphical user interface
- Create stunning game worlds
- Use Geppetto editor to create 3D characters
- Create and animate game characters using Lumberyard’s toolset
- Create impressive gameplay to add multiplayer functionality to your game
- Debug and play your 3D game
- Add multiplayer functionality to your game using Amazon GameLift
- Integrate with Amazon cloud services to support cloud computing and storage
- Engage your users during gameplay with Twitch
About the Author
Dr. Edward Lavieri is a veteran game designer and developer with a strong academic background. He earned a doctorate in computer science from Colorado Technical University and three Master of Science degrees in Management Information Systems (Bowie State University), Education – Instructional Design (Capella University), and Operations Management (University of Arkansas), demonstrating his passion for academic pursuits. He has developed and taught computer-related courses since 2002. Edward retired from the U.S. Navy after 25 years as an Intelligence Specialist and Command Master Chief.
Edward has authored Adaptive Learning for Educational Game Design, Getting Started with Unity 5, LiveCode Mobile Development Hotshot, LiveCode Mobile Development Cookbook, Software Consulting: A Revolutionary Approach, and was the technical editor of the Excel Formulas and Functions for Dummies book. He has also authored numerous computer science and information systems college courses.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to the Lumberyard
- Planning Your Game in the Lumberyard
- Constructing an Immersive 3D Game World
- Creating 3D Characters
- Animating Your Characters
- Creating Gameplay
- Creating Multiplayer Gameplay
- Bringing Your Game to Life with Audio and Sound Effects
- Employing Cloud Computing and Storage
- Engaging With Users Using Twitch
- Providing Your Game to the World
- Stretching Your Lumberyard Wings
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.61 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.21 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.46 x 0.94 x 0.94 inches|