Libgdx Cross-platform Game Development Cookbook
Huge Savings Item! Save 13% on the Libgdx Cross-platform Game Development Cookbook by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. MPN: black & white illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Over 75 practical recipes to help you master cross-platform 2D game development using the powerful Libgdx frameworkAbout This BookGain an in-depth
About This Book
- Gain an in-depth understanding of every Libgdx subsystem, including 2D graphics, input, audio, file extensions, and third-party libraries
- Write once and deploy to Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, and browsers
- Full of uniquely structured recipes that help you get the most out of Libgdx
Who This Book Is For
If you want to make cross-platform games without the hassle and dangers of writing platform-specific code, or If you are a game programmer who may have some experience with Java and you want to learn everything you need to know about Libgdx to produce awesome work, this is the book for you.
To take full advantage of the recipes in this book, you are expected to be familiar with java with good game programming knowledge.
What You Will Learn
- Wield the power of the 2D graphics API; get to grips with textures, atlases, particles, fonts, and shaders
- Manage input from different devices, including touch, keyboard, mouse, gamepad, and accelerometer
- Increase player immersion with the Libgdx audio API
- Quickly design maps with an editor and load them directly into your game
- Exploit the 2D stage features to build great user interfaces
- Create amazing physics simulations with Box2D
- Master the deployment process and reach a wide audience
Libgdx is a very popular open source, cross-platform, Java-based game development framework that enables you to write your code once and deploy it to Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and browsers.
Supported by code samples for each topic, this book will take you through the features of Libgdx, from the very basic aspects to the most advanced ones. Beginning with an overview of the framework and project creation, the book moves on to the 2D graphics API that enables you to create efficient and visually rich games. You will then explore input detection and audio and file handling, followed by details of how to make use of amazing features such as Box2D rigid body physics, lighting, and artifical intelligence techniques to name a few. You will also discover how to modify Libgdx to suit your needs and share your creation with the world.
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||1.93 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.17 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.17 x 1.17 inches|