Machine Learning with R - Second Edition: Expert techniques for predictive modeling to solve all your data analysis problems
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 14% on the Machine Learning with R - Second Edition: Expert techniques for predictive modeling to solve all your data analysis problems by Lantz Brett at EMS Linux. MPN: black & white illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesHarness the power of R for statistical computing and data scienceExplore, forecast, and classify data with RUse R to apply common machine
- Harness the power of R for statistical computing and data science
- Explore, forecast, and classify data with R
- Use R to apply common machine learning algorithms to real-world scenarios
Machine learning, at its core, is concerned with transforming data into actionable knowledge. This makes machine learning well suited to the present-day era of big data. Given the growing prominence of R's cross-platform, zero-cost statistical programming environment, there has never been a better time to start applying machine learning to your data. Whether you are new to data analytics or a veteran, machine learning with R offers a powerful set of methods to quickly and easily gain insights from your data.
Want to turn your data into actionable knowledge, predict outcomes that make real impact, and have constantly developing insights? R gives you access to the cutting-edge power you need to master exceptional machine learning techniques.
Updated and upgraded to the latest libraries and most modern thinking, the second edition of Machine Learning with R provides you with a rigorous introduction to this essential skill of professional data science. Without shying away from technical theory, it is written to provide focused and practical knowledge to get you building algorithms and crunching your data, with minimal previous experience.
With this book you'll discover all the analytical tools you need to gain insights from complex data and learn how to to choose the correct algorithm for your specific needs. Through full engagement with the sort of real-world problems data-wranglers face, you'll learn to apply machine learning methods to deal with common tasks, including classification, prediction, forecasting, market analysis, and clustering. Transform the way you think about data; discover machine learning with R.
What you will learn
- Harness the power of R to build common machine learning algorithms with real-world data science applications
- Get to grips with R techniques to clean and prepare your data for analysis, and visualize your results
- Discover the different types of machine learning models and learn which is best to meet your data needs and solve your analysis problems
- Classify your data with Bayesian and nearest neighbour methods
- Predict values by using R to build decision trees, rules, and support vector machines
- Forecast numeric values with linear regression, and model your data with neural networks
- Evaluate and improve the performance of machine learning models
- Learn specialized machine learning techniques for text mining, social network data, big data, and more
About the Author
Brett Lantz has used innovative data methods to understand human behavior for more than 10 years. A sociologist by training, he was first enchanted by machine learning while studying a large database of teenagers' social networking website profiles. Since then, he has worked on the interdisciplinary studies of cellular telephone calls, medical billing data, and philanthropic activity, among others.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Machine Learning
- Managing and Understanding Data
- Lazy Learning - Classification Using Nearest Neighbors
- Probabilistic Learning - Classification Using Naive Bayes
- Divide and Conquer - Classification Using Decision Trees and Rules
- Forecasting Numeric Data - Regression Methods
- Black Box Methods - Neural Networks and Support Vector Machines
- Finding Patterns - Market Basket Analysis Using Association Rules
- Finding Groups of Data - Clustering with K-means
- Evaluating Model Performance
- Improving Model Performance
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||1.7 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.02 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.12 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.02 x 1.02 inches|