Free Shipping Included! Mastering Clojure by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesLearn to handle data using sequences, reducers, and transducers in ClojureExplore the lesser known and more advanced features,
- Learn to handle data using sequences, reducers, and transducers in Clojure
- Explore the lesser known and more advanced features, constructs, and methodologies of the Clojure language and its ecosystem, such as asynchronous channels, actors, logic programming, and reactive programming
- Sharpen your Clojure skills through illustrative and comprehensive examples
Clojure is a general-purpose language from the Lisp family with an emphasis on functional programming. It has some interesting concepts and features such as immutability, gradual typing, thread-safe concurrency primitives, and macro-based metaprogramming, which makes it a great choice to create modern, performant, and scalable applications.
Mastering Clojure gives you an insight into the nitty-gritty details and more advanced features of the Clojure programming language to create more scalable, maintainable, and elegant applications. You'll start off by learning the details of sequences, concurrency primitives, and macros. Packed with a lot of examples, you'll get a walkthrough on orchestrating concurrency and parallelism, which will help you understand Clojure reducers, and we'll walk through composing transducers so you know about functional composition and process transformation inside out. We also explain how reducers and transducers can be used to handle data in a more performant manner.
Later on, we describe how Clojure also supports other programming paradigms such as pure functional programming and logic programming. Furthermore, you'll level up your skills by taking advantage of Clojure's powerful macro system. Parallel, asynchronous, and reactive programming techniques are also described in detail.
Lastly, we'll show you how to test and troubleshoot your code to speed up your development cycles and allow you to deploy the code faster.
What you will learn
- Maximize the impact of parallelization, functional composition, and process transformation by composing reducers and transducers
- Process and manipulate data using sequences, reducers, and transducers in Clojure
- Modify and add features to the Clojure language using macros
- Explore the features of category theory and custom data sources for logic programming in Clojure
- Orchestrate parallelism and concurrency using built-in primitives as well as community libraries in Clojure
- Handle data with asynchronous and reactive programming methodologies and leverage it using the core.async library
- Test your code with unit tests, specs, and type checks to write testable code
- Troubleshoot and style your Clojure code to make it more maintainable
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Working with Sequences and Patterns
- Orchestrating Concurrency and Parallelism
- Parallelization Using Reducers
- Metaprogramming with Macros
- Composing Transducers
- Exploring Category Theory
- Programming with Logic
- Leveraging Asynchronous Tasks
- Reactive Programming
- Testing Your Code
- Troubleshooting and Best Practices
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Weight:||1.02 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.6 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.29 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Brand: M T Books
sku: VI-1558515569, ean: 9781558515567, isbn: 1558515569,
AutoLISP, the programming language behind AutoCAD, is for those who want to move from developing simple applications to more complex and powerful applications. John Gibb provides the means for an intermediate-level AutoCAD user to advance to the next...
By Packt Publishing - ebooks Account
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9781783284139, isbn: 1783284137,
Leverage the power and fl exibility of Clojure through this practical guide to data analysisAbout This Book Explore the concept of data analysis using established scientific methods combined with the powerful Clojure language Master Naive Bayesian Cl...
By Brand: Princeton Architectural Press
ean: 9781568987927, isbn: 1568987927,
The Codewriting Workbook introduces students and practitioners to basic programming concepts for computer-aided design (CAD). Through a series of guided exercises and examples, readers learn how to develop and write procedures for creating two-dimens...
ean: 9781578200894, isbn: 157820089X,
AutoCADet: A person who uses AutoCAD directly or indirectly to create or analyze graphic images and is in possession of one or more of the following traits: wants to learn; has an interest in improving the way AutoCAD works; is a visionary AutoCAD us...
By Van Nostrand Reinhold
ean: 9780442209742, isbn: 0442209746,
By Brand: Apress
mpn: 978-1-4302-7231-1, ean: 9781430272311, isbn: 1430272317,
This book is the first definitive reference for the Clojure language, providing both an introduction to functional programming in general and a more specific introduction to Clojure’s features. This book demonstrates the use of the language through...
ean: 9780937073056, isbn: 0937073059,
While the semantics of 'pure' lisp is well understood, the same cannot be said for the lisp that people actually use, due to the presence of so-called 'destructive operations' in programs, operations like RPLACA and RPLACD that destructively manipula...
ean: 9781430211617, isbn: 143021161X,
* Treats LISP as a language for commercial applications, not a language for academic AI concerns. This could be considered to be a secondary text for the Lisp course that most schools teach . This would appeal to students who sat through a LISP cours...
ean: 9780471503088, isbn: 0471503088,
A self-contained, intermediate-level introduction to the structure and syntax of Common Lisp, this text is the first based on the draft ANSI standard for Common Lisp. Presents the concepts of object-oriented programming and incorporates the Common Li...
mpn: black & white illustrations, ean: 9788866060994, isbn: 8866060992,
This is a high-quality, hardbound edition of the official GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual, from the current Emacs Version 24.5 distribution. It is printed on acid free and lignin free paper, that meets all ANSI standards for archival quality paper. *...