Mastering Cross-Platform Development with Xamarin
Free Shipping Included! Mastering Cross-Platform Development with Xamarin by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesDevelop your Xamarin development skills with this comprehensive guide on various patterns and features so you can create elegant and
- Develop your Xamarin development skills with this comprehensive guide on various patterns and features so you can create elegant and high-quality applications
- Create adaptive user interfaces on separate platforms without compromising the user experience and platform identity
- Implement application lifecycle management concepts to manage and finalize cross-platform projects and efficiently collaborate with others
The main goal of this book is to equip you with the required know-how to successfully analyze, develop, and manage Xamarin cross-platform projects using the most efficient, robust, and scalable implementation patterns.
This book starts with general topics such as memory management, asynchronous programming, local storage, and networking, and later moves onto platform-specific features. During this transition, you will learn about key tools to leverage the patterns described, as well as advanced implementation strategies and features. The book also presents User Interface design and implementation concepts on Android and iOS platforms from a Xamarin and cross-platform perspective, with the goal to create a consistent but native UI experience.
Finally, we show you the toolset for application lifecycle management to help you prepare the development pipeline to manage and see cross-platform projects through to public or private release.
What you will learn
- Configure your environment for cross-platform projects with Xamarin
- Gain memory management skills to avoid memory leaks and premature code cycles while decreasing the memory print of your applications
- Employ asynchronous and parallel patterns to execute non-interactive and non-blocking processes
- Create and use SQLite databases for offline scenarios
- Integrate network resources with cross-platform applications
- Design and implement eye-catching and reusable UI components without compromising nativity in mobile applications
- Manage the application lifecycle of cross-platform development projects
- Distribute Xamarin applications through public or private channels
About the Author
Can Bilgin currently works for Authority Partners Inc. as a program architect. He has been working in the software industry, primarily with Microsoft technologies, for over a decade and has been recognized as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for his technical contributions. In this period, he played key roles in projects for high profile clients using technologies such as BizTalk, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Xamarin, WCF, and other web technologies.
His main passion lies in mobile and IoT development using the modern toolset available for developers.
He tries to share his experience on his blog (http://canbilgin.wordpress.com), social media (@can_bilgin), and through speaking engagements at both local and international conferences and community events in the Balkans region.
Table of Contents
- Developing with Xamarin
- Memory Management
- Asynchronous Programming
- Local Data Management
- Platform Extras
- View Elements
- Reusable UI Patterns
- ALM – Developers and QA
- ALM – Project and Release Management
- ALM – App Stores and Publishing
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Weight:||1.47 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.88 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.79 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.85 x 0.73 x 0.73 inches|