Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 9% on the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Unleashed by Rankins, Ray/ Bertucci, Paul/ Gallelli, Chris/ Silverstein, Alex T. at EMS Linux. MPN: 9780672330568. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This is the industry’s most comprehensive and useful guide to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2. It presents start-to-finish coverage of SQL Server’s
This is the industry’s most comprehensive and useful guide to SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2. It presents start-to-finish coverage of SQL Server’s core database server and management capabilities, plus complete introductions to Integration, Reporting, and Analysis Services, application development, and much more.
Four expert SQL Server administrators, developers, and consultants have packed this book with real-world information, tips, guidelines, and samples drawn from their own extensive experience creating and managing complex database solutions. Writing for intermediate-to-advanced-level SQL Server professionals, they focus on the product’s most complex and powerful capabilities, and its newest tools and features. For example, you’ll find invaluable information on administering SQL Server more efficiently, analyzing and optimizing queries, implementing data warehouses, ensuring high availability, and tuning performance.
The accompanying CD-ROM contains an extraordinary library of practical tools and information including sample databases and all code examples. Whether you’re responsible for SQL Server 2008 analysis, design, implementation, support, administration, or troubleshooting, no other book offers you this much value.
- Understand the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 environment, R2’s newest features, and each edition’s capabilities
- Manage SQL Server 2008 more effectively with SQL Server Management Studio, the SQLCMD command-line query tool, and Powershell
- Efficiently manage security, users, backup/restore, replication, Database Mail, and database objects—from tables and indexes to stored procedures and triggers
- Increase availability with clustering, database mirroring, and other features
- Use new Policy-Based Management to centrally configure and operate SQL Server throughout the organization
- Use SQL Server Profiler to capture queries and identify bottlenecks
- Improve performance by optimizing queries, design more effective databases, and manage workloads with the new Resource Governor
- Develop applications using SQL Server 2008’s enhancements to T-SQL and SQLCLR, .NET integration, LINQ to SQL, XML, and XQuery
- Make the most of Analysis Services, Integration Services, and Reporting Services—especially Microsoft’s new R2 reporting improvements
- Improve data security using Column-level and Transparent Data Encryption
- 15 additional chapters
- Code samples, scripts, and databases utilized within the book
- Free version of SQL Shot (performance & tuning software)
|Brand:||Rankins, Ray/ Bertucci, Paul/ Gallelli, Chris/ Silverstein, Alex T.|
|Item Weight:||4.53 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.3 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.55 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 2.2 x 2.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Rankins, Ray/ Bertucci, Paul/ Gallelli, Chris/ Silverstein, Alex T., contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By Sams Publishing
ean: 9780672324680, isbn: 0672324687,
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 DBA Survival Guide is organized into several parts that comprise the various jobs and tasks the DBA performs. Each chapter is presented with the goal of providing knowledge and "know-how" to Database Administrators of a SQL ...
Title: Exam 70-463( Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Training Kit [With CDROM]) Binding: Paperback Author: DejanSarka Publisher: MicrosoftPress...
mpn: 9781590599990, ean: 9781590599990, isbn: 1590599993,
Service Broker is a key Microsoft product in support of message–based processing between applications. Pro SQL Server 2008 Service Broker helps you to take full advantage of this key Microsoft technology, beginning from the fundamentals, moving thr...
mpn: 9781430215943, ean: 9781430215943, isbn: 1430215941,
Businesses today want actionable insights into their data―they want their data to reveal itself to them in a natural and user–friendly form. What could be more natural than human language? Natural–language search is at the center of a storm of ...
By Delaney, Kalen
mpn: 978-0-7356-2624-9, ean: 9780735626249, isbn: 0735626243,
Delve inside the core SQL Server engine—and put that knowledge to work—with guidance from a team of well-known internals experts. Whether database developer, architect, or administrator, you’ll gain the deep knowledge you need to exploit key ar...
mpn: 978-0-7356-2618-8, ean: 9780735626188, isbn: 0735626189,
Teach yourself the Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) query language—one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you’ll build the core techniques for using MDX with Analysis Services to deliver high-performance business inte...
mpn: illustrations, ean: 9781893115194, isbn: 1893115194,
The most comprehensive and detailed VB/ADO book available, placing developers firmly in control of Microsoft's premier data access technology. The first part goes beyond the syntax of ADO to help developers gain an understanding of ADO components, wh...
By Little Brown
mpn: 0-7356-1129-7, ean: 9780735611290, isbn: 0735611297,
By Brand: Manning Publications
ean: 9781935182047, isbn: 1935182048,
This is not an ordinary SQL Server Book. SQL Server MVP Deep Dives brings together the world's most highly-regarded SQL Server experts to create a masterful collection of tips, techniques, and experience-driven best practices for SQL Server developme...
By For Dummies
ean: 9780764504167, isbn: 0764504169,