Power Distribution Network Design for VLSI
Super Savings Item! Save 36% on the Power Distribution Network Design for VLSI by Wiley-Interscience at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A hands-on troubleshooting guide for VLSI network designersThe primary goal in VLSI (very large scale integration) powernetwork design is to provide
The primary goal in VLSI (very large scale integration) powernetwork design is to provide enough power lines across a chip toreduce voltage drops from the power pads to the center of the chip.Voltage drops caused by the power network's metal lines coupledwith transistor switching currents on the chip cause power supplynoises that can affect circuit timing and performance, thusproviding a constant challenge for designers of high-performancechips.
Power Distribution Network Design for VLSI provides detailedinformation on this critical component of circuit design andphysical integration for high-speed chips. A vital tool forprofessional engineers (especially those involved in the use ofcommercial tools), as well as graduate students of engineering, thetext explains the design issues, guidelines, and CAD tools for thepower distribution of the VLSI chip and package, and providesnumerous examples for its effective application.
Features of the text include:
* An introduction to power distribution network design
* Design perspectives, such as power network planning, layoutspecifications, decoupling capacitance insertion, modeling, andanalysis
* Electromigration phenomena
* IR drop analysis methodology
* Commands and user interfaces of the VoltageStorm(TM) CADtool
* Microprocessor design examples using on-chip powerdistribution
* Flip-chip and package design issues
* Power network measurement techniques from real silicon
The author includes several case studies and a glossary of keywords and basic terms to help readers understand and integratebasic concepts in VLSI design and power distribution.
|Item Weight:||0.99 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.66 x 9.55 x 9.55 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.01 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.06 x 0.63 x 0.63 inches|