Dig into LINQ -- and transform the way you work with data.
With LINQ, you can query data from a variety of sources -- including databases, objects, and XML files -- directly from Microsoft Visual Basic or C#. Guided by data-access experts who've worked in depth with LINQ and the Microsoft development teams, you'll learn how .NET Framework 4 implements LINQ, and how to exploit it. Clear examples show you how to deliver your own data-access solutions faster and with leaner code.
Discover how to:
- Use LINQ to query databases, object collections, arrays, XML, Microsoft Excel files, and other sources
- Apply LINQ best practices to build data-enabled .NET applications and services
- Manipulate data in a relational database with ADO.NET Entity Framework or LINQ to SQL
- Read, write, and manage XML content more efficiently with LINQ to XML
- Extend LINQ to support additional data sources by creating custom operators and providers
- Examine other implementations, such as LINQ to SharePoint
- Use LINQ within the data, business, and service layers of a distributed application
- Get code samples on the Web
|Item Weight:||2.45 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.8 x 8.9 x 8.9 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Microsoft, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Brand: Manning Publications
ean: 9781933988337, isbn: 1933988339,
In 2005, Microsoft quietly announced an initiative to bring dynamic languages to the .NET platform. The starting point for this project was a .NET implementation of Python, dubbed IronPython. After a couple years of incubation, IronPython is ready fo...
By Carer Edu, Paperback(2009)
Programming in Visual C# 2008 ((3rd,)10) by [Paperback (2009)]...
Sanderson has seen the ASP.NET MVC framework mature from the start, so with his experience, combined with comprehensive coverage of all the new features, this volume offers the clearest understanding of how this exciting new framework can improve cod...