- Build quirky and fun projects from scratch and become efficient with React Native
- Use Isomorphic principles to build mobile apps that offer a native user experience
This project-based guide takes you through eight projects to help you gain a sound understanding of the framework and helps you build mobile apps with native user experience. Starting with a simple standalone groceries list app, you will progressively move on to building advanced apps by adding connectivity with external APIs, using native features, such as the camera or microphone, in the mobile device, integrating with state management libraries such as Redux or MobX, or leveraging React Native’s performance by building a full-featured game.
This book covers the entire feature set of React Native, starting from the simplest (layout or navigation libraries) to the most advanced (integration with native code) features.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to build professional Android and iOS applications using React Native.
What you will learn
- Structure React Native projects to ease maintenance and extensibility
- Optimize a project to speed up development
- Make a React Native project production-ready
- Use external modules to speed up the development and maintenance of your projects
- Explore the different UI and code patterns to be used for iOS and Android
- Get to know the best practices when building apps in React Native
About the Author
In 2015, he focused on the development and maintenance of several apps built in React Native, some of which were featured in Apple's App Store as the top apps of the week. Nowadays, Emilio is part of the Red Hat mobile team, which leverages Red Hat's open source mobile platform. He serves as an advocate for mobile developers using RHMAP. He is also an active contributor to React Native's codebase and StackOverflow, where he provides advice on React and React Native questions.
Table of Contents
- Building a groceries list app
- Building a RSS reader
- Building an car booking app-
- Building an image sharing app
- Building a guitar tuner app
- Building a messaging app
- Building a game
- Building an ecommerce app
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.78 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.65 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.78 x 0.78 inches|