Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code (2nd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Fowler))
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 6% on the Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code (2nd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Signature Series (Fowler)) by Addison-Wesley Professional at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Definitive Guide to Refactoring: Updated and Expanded, with New Refactorings and Code Examples “Any fool can write code that a computer
The Definitive Guide to Refactoring: Updated and Expanded, with New Refactorings and Code Examples
“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.”
–M. Fowler (1999)
For more than twenty years, professional programmers worldwide have relied on Martin Fowler’s Refactoring to improve the design of existing code and enhance software maintainability. This eagerly awaited revision has been fully updated to reflect crucial changes in the programming landscape since the first edition.
Like the original, this new edition explains what refactoring is, why you should refactor, how to recognize code that needs refactoring, and how to actually do it. Whatever language you use, Fowler’s explanations and examples will help you refactor successfully.
- Understand the process of refactoring
- Quickly apply useful refactorings to make a program easier to comprehend and change
- Discover the general principles of refactoring
- Recognize tradeoffs and obstacles to refactoring
- Recognize “bad smells” in code that signal opportunities to refactor
- Build solid tests for your refactorings
- Explore the refactorings, each with explanations, motivation, mechanics, and simple examples
|Package Weight:||1.74 pounds|