Refactoring in Ruby
Refactoring in Ruby by Addison-Wesley Professional at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The First Hands-On, Practical, All-Ruby Refactoring Workbook! Refactoring–the art of improving the design of existing code–has taken the
The First Hands-On, Practical, All-Ruby Refactoring Workbook!
Refactoring–the art of improving the design of existing code–has taken the world by storm. So has Ruby. Now, for the first time, there’s a refactoring workbook designed from the ground up for the dynamic Ruby language.
Refactoring in Ruby gives you all the realistic, hands-on practice you need to refactor Ruby code quickly and effectively. You’ll discover how to recognize “code smells,” which signal opportunities for improvement, and then perfect your program’s design one small, safe step at a time.
The book shows you when and how to refactor with both legacy code and during new test-driven development, and walks you through real-world refactoring in detail. The workbook concludes with several applications designed to help practice refactoring in realistic domains, plus a handy code review checklist you’ll refer to again and again. Along the way, you’ll learn powerful lessons about designing higher quality Ruby software–lessons that will enable you to experience the joy of writing consistently great code.
Refactoring in Ruby will help you
- Recognize why poor code design occurs, so you can prevent it from occurring in your own code
- Master better design techniques that lead to more efficient, reliable, and maintainable software
- Fix code that’s too long, large, or difficult to follow
- Ferret out duplication, and express each idea “once and only once”
- Recognize missing or inadequately formed classes
- Simplify overly complex relationships between classes and their subclasses
- Achieve the right balance of responsibilities among objects
- Make your code easier to test and change
- Cope with incomplete library modules, and fix runaway dependencies
- Learn the next steps to take after you refactor
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.6 x 9.06 x 9.06 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|