Robot Operating System Cookbook: Over 70 recipes to help you master advanced ROS concepts
Free Shipping Included! Robot Operating System Cookbook: Over 70 recipes to help you master advanced ROS concepts by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Leverage the power of ROS to build exciting collaborative robots.Key FeaturesDelve into an open source, meta-operating system for your robotGet
Leverage the power of ROS to build exciting collaborative robots.
- Delve into an open source, meta-operating system for your robot
- Get acquainted with tools and libraries for building and running code on multiple platforms
- Use Gazebo to model your robot and create a virtual environment
This book will leverage the power of ROS with an introduction to its core and advanced concepts through exciting recipes. You will get acquainted with the use of different synchronous and asynchronous communication methods, including messages, services, and actions. You will learn how to use the various debugging and visualization tools used in development and how to interface sensors and actuators with the ROS framework.
Firstly, you will get to grips with ROS simulation frameworks, such as Gazebo and RotorS for modeling and simulating any physical robot and virtual environment. You will also cover mobile robotics, micro-aerial vehicles, and robotic arms, which are the leading branches of robotic applications. Robot Operating System Cookbook will also guide you in the development of an autonomous navigation framework for both mobile robots and micro-aerial vehicles.
Finally, you will explore ROS-Industrial, an open source project that extends the advanced capabilities of ROS software to manufacturing industries.
What you will learn
- Explore advanced concepts, such as ROS pluginlib, nodelets, and actionlib
- Work with ROS visualization, profiling, and debugging tools
- Gain experience in robot modeling and simulation using Gazebo
- Understand the ROS Navigation Stack for mobile robots
- Configure a MoveIt! package for a manipulator robot
- Develop an autonomous navigation framework for MAV using ORB SLAM and MoveIt
- Integrate sensors, actuators, and robots into the ROS ecosystem
- Get acquainted with the ROS-Industrial package with hardware support, capabilities, and applications
Who This Book Is For
If you're a researcher or engineer with an interest in the problems, solutions, and future research issues that you may encounter in the development of robotic applications, this book is for you. Basic knowledge of C++ and Python programming with the GNU/Linux environment is strongly recommended to assist with understanding the key concepts covered in the book.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with ROS
- ROS Architecture and Concepts-I
- ROS Architecture and Concepts- II
- ROS Visualization and Debugging Tools
- Access the Sensors and Actuators through the ROS
- Robot Modeling and Simulation
- Mobile Robot in ROS
- Robotic Arm in ROS
- Micro Aerial Vehicle in ROS
- ROS-Industrial (ROS-I)
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||1.09 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.26 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.09 x 1.09 inches|