Selenium Framework Design in Data-Driven Testing: Build data-driven test frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, AppiumDriver, Java, and TestNG
Free Shipping Included! Selenium Framework Design in Data-Driven Testing: Build data-driven test frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, AppiumDriver, Java, and TestNG by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Take a deep dive into building data-driven test frameworks using Selenium WebDriverKey FeaturesA comprehensive guide to designing data-driven test
Take a deep dive into building data-driven test frameworks using Selenium WebDriver
- A comprehensive guide to designing data-driven test frameworks using the Selenium 3 WebDriver API, AppiumDriver API, Java-Bindings, and TestNG
- Learn how to use Selenium Page Object Design Patterns and D.R.Y. (Don't Repeat Yourself) Approaches to software development in automated testing
- Discover the Selenium Grid Architecture and build your own grid for browser and mobile devices
- Use third party tools and services like ExtentReports for results processing, reporting, and SauceLabs for cloud-based test services
The Selenium WebDriver 3.x Technology is an open source API available to test both Browser and Mobile applications. It is completely platform independent in that tests built for one browser or mobile device, will also work on all other browsers and mobile devices. Selenium supports all major development languages which allow it to be tied directly into the technology used to develop the applications. This guide will provide a step-by-step approach to designing and building a data-driven test framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, and TestNG.
The book starts off by introducing users to the Selenium Page Object Design Patterns and D.R.Y Approaches to Software Development. In doing so, it covers designing and building a Selenium WebDriver framework that supports both Browser and Mobile Devices. It will lead the user through a journey of architecting their own framework with a scalable driver class, Java utility classes, JSON Data Provider, Data-Driven Test Classes, and support for third party tools and plugins.
Users will learn how to design and build a Selenium Grid from scratch to allow the framework to scale and support different browsers, mobile devices, versions, and platforms, and how they can leverage third party grids in the Cloud like SauceLabs.
Other topics covered include designing abstract base and sub-classes, inheritance, dual-driver support, parallel testing, testing multi-branded applications, best practices for using locators, and data encapsulation.
Finally, you will be presented with a sample fully-functional framework to get them up and running with the Selenium WebDriver for browser testing.
By the end of the book, you will be able to design your own automation testing framework and perform data-driven testing with Selenium WebDriver.
What you will learn
- Design the Selenium Driver Class for local, remote, and third party grid support
- Build Page Object Classes using the Selenium Page Object Model
- Develop Data-Driven Test Classes using the TestNG framework
- Encapsulate Data using the JSON Protocol
- Build a Selenium Grid for RemoteWebDriver Testing
- Construct Utility Classes for use in Synchronization, File I/O, Reporting and Test Listener Classes
- Run the sample framework and see the benefits of a live data-driven framework in real-time
Table of Contents
- Building a Scalable Selenium Test Driver Class for Web and Mobile Applications
- Selenium Framework Utility Classes
- Best Practices for building Selenium Page Object Classes
- Defining WebDriver and AppiumDriver Page Objects Elements
- Building a JSON Data Provider
- Developing Data-Driven Test Classes
- Encapsulating Data in Data-Driven Testing
- Designing a Selenium Grid
- Third-Party Tools and Plugins
- Working Selenium WebDriver Framework Samples
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.8 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.49 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.48 x 0.71 x 0.71 inches|