SOLIDWORKS 2018 Reference Guide
Mega Sale! Save 25% on the SOLIDWORKS 2018 Reference Guide by SDC Publications at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The SOLIDWORKS 2018 Reference Guide is a comprehensive reference book written to assist the beginner to intermediate user of SOLIDWORKS 2018.
The SOLIDWORKS 2018 Reference Guide is a comprehensive reference book written to assist the beginner to intermediate user of SOLIDWORKS 2018. SOLIDWORKS is an immense software package, and no one book can cover all topics for all users. This book provides a centralized reference location to address many of the tools, features and techniques of SOLIDWORKS 2018.
This book covers the following:
- System and Document properties
- 2D and 3D Sketch tools
- Sketch entities
- 3D Feature tools
- Motion Study
- Sheet Metal
- Motion Study
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation
- PhotoView 360
- Pack and Go
- 3D PDFs
- Intelligent Modeling techniques
- 3D printing terminology and more
Chapter 1 provides a basic overview of the concepts and terminology used throughout this book using SOLIDWORKS 2018 software. If you are completely new to SOLIDWORKS, you should read Chapter 1 in detail and complete Lesson 1, Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 in the SOLIDWORKS Tutorials.
If you are familiar with an earlier release of SOLIDWORKS, you still might want to skim Chapter 1 to become acquainted with some of the commands, menus and features that you have not used; or you can simply jump to any section in any chapter.
Each chapter provides detailed PropertyManager information on key topics with individual stand-alone short tutorials to reinforce and demonstrate the functionality and ease of the SOLIDWORKS tool or feature. The book provides access to over 250 models, their solutions and additional support materials. Learn by doing, not just by reading.
Formulate the skills to create, modify and edit sketches and solid features. Learn the techniques to reuse features, parts and assemblies through symmetry, patterns, copied components, design tables, configurations and more.
The book is designed to complement the Online Tutorials and Online Help contained in SOLIDWORKS 2018. The goal is to illustrate how multiple design situations and systematic steps combine to produce successful designs.
The author developed the tutorials by combining his own industry experience with the knowledge of engineers, department managers, professors, vendors and manufacturers. He is directly involved with SOLIDWORKS every day and his responsibilities go far beyond the creation of just a 3D model.
New in the 2018 Edition
There is twenty percent additional homework examples for the instructors with support materials.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
1. Quick Start
2. System Options
3. Document Properties
4. Design Intent, Sketching and Sketch Entities
5. Sketch Tools, Geometric Relations and Dimensions/Relations Tools
6. Extruded Boss/Base, Extruded Cut, Fillet and Cosmetic Features
7. Revolved, Hole Wizard, Advanced Hole, Dome, Curve and Thread Features
8. Shell, Draft, Rib, Scale and Intersection Feature
9. Pattern Features, Mirror Features and Coordinate System
10. Swept, Lofted, Wrap, Flex, and Freeform Feature
11. Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling and More
12. Top-Down Assembly Modeling, Configurations and More
13. Drawings and Drawing Tools
14. Sheet Metal Features and Tools
15. PhotoView 360, Measure and Mass Properties Tool
16. Saving, Pack and Go, PDFs, Toolbox, Design Library, SOLIDWORKS Explorer & Parts Reviewer
17. SOLIDWORKS Simulation
18. Intelligent Modeling Techniques
19. Additive Manufacturing - 3D Printing
|Item Size:||1.75 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.05 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches|