SQL Practice Problems: 57 beginning, intermediate, and advanced challenges for you to solve using a “learn-by-doing” approach
Huge Savings Item! Save 11% on the SQL Practice Problems: 57 beginning, intermediate, and advanced challenges for you to solve using a “learn-by-doing” approach by Independently published at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Do you need to learn SQL for your job? The ability to write SQL and work with data is one of the most in-demand job skills. Are you prepared?It's
The ability to write SQL and work with data is one of the most in-demand job skills. Are you prepared?
It's easy to find basic SQL syntax and keyword information online. What's hard to find is challenging, well-designed, real-world problems--the type of problems that come up all the time when you're dealing with data. Learning how to solve these problems will give you the skill and confidence to step up in your career.
With SQL Practice Problems, you can get that level of experience by solving sets of targeted problems. These aren't just problems designed to give an example of specific syntax. These are the most common problems you encounter when you deal with data.
You will get real world practice, with real world data. I'll teach you how to "think" in SQL, how to analyze data problems, figure out the fundamentals, and work towards a solution that you can be proud of. It contains challenging problems, which develop your ability to write high quality SQL code.
What do you get when you buy SQL Practice Problems?
- Setup instructions for MS SQL Server Express Edition 2016 and SQL Server Management Studio 2016 (Microsoft Windows required). Both are free downloads.
- A customized sample database, with a video walk-through on setting it up.
- Practice problems - 57 problems that you work through step-by-step. There are targeted hints if you need them, which help guide you through the question. For the more complex questions, there are multiple levels of hints.
- Answers and a short, targeted discussion section on each question, with alternative answers and tips on usage and good programming practice.
What does SQL Practice Problems not contain?
- Complex descriptions of syntax. There's just what you need, and no more.
- A discussion of differences between every single SQL variant (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL). That information takes just a few seconds to find online.
- Details on Insert, Update and Delete statements. That's important to know eventually, but first you need experience writing intermediate and advanced Select statements to return the data you want from a relational database.
What kind of problems are there in SQL Practice Problems?
The problems in SQL Practice Problems are oriented towards data analysis and reporting. They are designed to step you through introductory, intermediate and advanced SQL Select statements, with a learn-by-doing technique.
Most textbooks and courses have some practice problems. But most often, they're used just to illustrate a particular syntax. There's no filtering on what's most useful, and what the most common issues are. What you'll get with SQL Practice Problems is the problems that illustrate some the most common challenges you'll run into with data, and the best, most useful techniques to solve them.
|Item Size:||0.35 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.73 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.35 x 0.35 inches|