Swift 4 Programming Cookbook: 50 task-oriented recipes to make you productive with Swift 4
Free Shipping Included! Swift 4 Programming Cookbook: 50 task-oriented recipes to make you productive with Swift 4 by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesWrite robust and efficient code and avoid common pitfalls using Swift 4Features comprehensive coverage of the tools and techniques needed
- Write robust and efficient code and avoid common pitfalls using Swift 4
- Features comprehensive coverage of the tools and techniques needed to create multi-platform apps with Swift 4
- Packed with easy-to-follow recipes, this book will help you develop code using the latest version of Swift
Swift 4 is an exciting, multi-platform, general-purpose programming language. Being open source, modern and easy to use has made Swift one of the fastest growing programming languages. If you interested in exploring it, then this book is what you need.
The book begins with an introduction to the basic building blocks of Swift 4, its syntax and the functionalities of Swift constructs. Then, introduces you to Apple's Xcode 9 IDE and Swift Playgrounds, which provide an ideal platform to write, execute, and debug the codes so that you can initiate your development process. Next, you'll learn to bundle variables into tuples, set order to your data with an array, store key-value pairs with dictionaries and you'll learn how to use the property observers. Later, explore the decision-making and control structures in Swift and learn how to handle errors in Swift 4.
Then you'll examine the advanced features of Swift, generics and operators, and explore the functionalities outside of the standard library, provided by frameworks such as Foundation and UIKit. Also, you'll explore advanced features of Swift Playgrounds. At the end of the book, you'll learn server-side programming aspect of Swift 4 and see how to run Swift on Linux and investigate Vapor, one of the most popular server-side frameworks for Swift.
What you will learn
- Explore basic to advanced concepts in Swift 4 programming
- Unleash advanced features of Apple's Xcode 9 IDE and Swift Playgrounds
- Learn about the conditional statements, loops, and how to handle errors in Swift
- Define flexible classes and structs using Generics, learn about advanced operators, and create custom operators
- Explore functionalities outside of the standard libraries of Swift
- Import your own custom functionality into Swift Playgrounds
- Run Swift on Linux and investigate server-side programming with the server side framework Vapor
About the Author
Keith Moon is an award-winning iOS developer, author and speaker based in London. He has worked with some of the biggest companies in the world to create engaging and personal mobile experiences. Keith has been developing in Swift since its release, working on projects both fully Swift, and mixed Swift and Objective-C. Keith has been invited to speak about Swift development in conferences from Moscow to Minsk and London.
Table of Contents
- Swift Building Blocks
- Building on the Building Blocks
- Data Wrangling with Swift Control Flow
- Generics, Operators and Nested Types
- Beyond The Standard Library
- Swift Playgrounds
- Server-side Swift
- Performance and Responsiveness in Swift
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||0.87 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.81 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.87 x 0.87 inches|