Swift Essentials - Second Edition
On Sale Now! Save 4% on the Swift Essentials - Second Edition by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. MPN: black & white illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesGets you up and running with Swift programming without any prior iOS development experience.A fast paced guide showing best practices and
- Gets you up and running with Swift programming without any prior iOS development experience.
- A fast paced guide showing best practices and lets you get up to speed with Swift to quickly build your own iOS applications
- A unique practical approach to make your life with Swift easy.
Swift was considered one of the biggest innovations last year, and certainly with Swift 2 announced at WWDC in 2015, this segment of the developer space will continue to be hot and dominating.
This is a fast-paced guide to provide an overview of Swift programming and then walks you through in detail how to write iOS applications. Progress through chapters on custom views, networking, parsing and build a complete application as a Git repository, all by using Swift as the core language
What you will learn
- Dive into Swift and explore its innovative and powerful syntax
- Work with Swift in Xcode to get a unique and productive approach to development
- Find out how to create complete iOS applications
- Discover rapid prototyping with a Swift playground
- Get to know how to use the Swift storyboard to develop multi-page applications
- Get to grips with parsing JSON and XML data from network sources
- Build a network client for GitHub repositories, with full source code on GitHub
About the Author
Dr Alex Blewitt has over 20 years of experience in Objective-C, and he has been using Apple frameworks since NeXTstep 3.0. He upgraded his NeXTstation for a TiBook when Apple released Mac OS X in 2001, and he has been developing on it ever since.
Alex currently works for an investment bank in London, writes for the online technology news site InfoQ, and has published two other books for Packt Publishing. He also has a number of apps on the Apple AppStore through Bandlem Limited. When he's not working on technology and if the weather is nice, he likes to go flying from the nearby Cranfield airport.
Alex writes regularly at his blog, http://alblue.bandlem.com, as well tweeting regularly on Twitter as @alblue.
Table of Contents
- Exploring Swift
- Playing with Swift
- Creating an iOS Swift App
- Storyboard Applications with Swift and iOS
- Creating Custom Views in Swift
- Parsing Networked Data
- Building a Repository Browser
- Adding Watch Support
- References to Swift-related Websites, Blogs, and Notable Twitter Users
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Part Number:||black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|MPN:||black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||0.95 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.56 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.21 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 0.52 x 0.52 inches|