The Ruby Way: Solutions and Techniques in Ruby Programming (3rd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series)
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 14% on the The Ruby Way: Solutions and Techniques in Ruby Programming (3rd Edition) (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby Series) by Addison-Wesley Professional at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. For more than a decade, Ruby developers have turned to The Ruby Way for reliable “how-to” guidance on effective Ruby programming. Now, Hal Fulton
For more than a decade, Ruby developers have turned to The Ruby Way for reliable “how-to” guidance on effective Ruby programming. Now, Hal Fulton and André Arko have thoroughly updated this classic guide to cover new language enhancements and developers’ experiences through Ruby 2.1.
The new edition illuminates Ruby 2.1 through 400+ examples, each answering the question: “How do I do this in Ruby?” For each example, they present both a task description and realistic technical constraints. Next, they walk step-by-step through presenting one good solution, offering detailed explanations to promote deeper understanding.
Conveniently organized by topic, The Ruby Way, Third Edition makes it easier than ever to find the specific solution you want—and to write better code by reflecting Ruby’s unique philosophy and spirit.
- Ruby 2.1 overview: terminology, philosophy, and basic principles
- Best practices for strings and regular expressions
- Efficiently internationalizing your code
- Performing calculations (including trigonometry, calculus, statistics, and time/date calculations)
- Working with “Rubyesque” objects such as symbols and ranges
- Using arrays, hashes, stacks, queues, trees, graphs, and other data structures
- Efficiently storing data with YAML, JSON, and SQLite3
- Leveraging object-oriented and dynamic features, from multiple constructors to program inspection
- Building GUIs with Shoes 4, Ruby/Tk, Ruby/GTK3, QtRuby, and other toolkits
- Improving thread performance by understanding Ruby’s synchronization methods and avoiding its pitfalls
- Automating system administration with Ruby
- Data formats: JSON, XML, RSS, Atom, RMagick, PDF, and more
- Testing and debugging with RSpec, Minitest, Cucumber, byebug, and pry
- Measuring Ruby program performance
- Packaging and distributing code, and managing dependencies with Bundler
- Network programming: clients, time servers, POP, SMTP, IMAP, Open-URI
- Web applications: HTTP servers, Rails, Sinatra, HTML generation, and more
- Writing distributed Ruby software with drb
- Choosing modern development tools that maximize your productivity
All source code for this book may be downloaded at www.rubyhacker.com.
|Item Weight:||2.73 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.9 x 8.8 x 8.8 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.73 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.93 x 1.81 x 1.81 inches|