Unity in Action: Multiplatform game development in C#
Mega Sale! Save 30% on the Unity in Action: Multiplatform game development in C# by Manning Publications at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Summary Manning's bestselling and highly recommended Unity book has been fully revised! Unity in Action, Second Edition teaches you to write and
Manning's bestselling and highly recommended Unity book has been fully revised! Unity in Action, Second Edition teaches you to write and deploy games with the Unity game development platform. You'll master the Unity toolset from the ground up, adding the skills you need to go from application coder to game developer.
Foreword by Jesse Schell, author of The Art of Game Design
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Build your next game without sweating the low-level details. The Unity game development platform handles the heavy lifting, so you can focus on game play, graphics, and user experience. With support for C# programming, a huge ecosystem of production-quality prebuilt assets, and a strong dev community, Unity can get your next great game idea off the drawing board and onto the screen!
About the Book
Unity in Action, Second Edition teaches you to write and deploy games with Unity. As you explore the many interesting examples, you'll get hands-on practice with Unity's intuitive workflow tools and state-of-the-art rendering engine. This practical guide exposes every aspect of the game dev process, from the initial groundwork to creating custom AI scripts and building easy-to-read UIs. And because you asked for it, this totally revised Second Edition includes a new chapter on building 2D platformers with Unity's expanded 2D toolkit.
- Revised for new best practices, updates, and more!
- 2D and 3D games
- Characters that run, jump, and bump into things
- Connect your games to the internet
About the Reader
You need to know C# or a similar language. No game development knowledge is assumed.
About the Author
Joe Hocking is a software engineer and Unity expert specializing in interactive media development.
Table of Contents
- Getting to know Unity
- Building a demo that puts you in 3D space
- Adding enemies and projectiles to the 3D game
- Developing graphics for your game
- Building a Memory game using Unity's 2D functionality
- Creating a basic 2D Platformer
- Putting a GUI onto a game
- Creating a third-person 3D game: player movement and animation
- Adding interactive devices and items within the game
- Connecting your game to the internet
- Playing audio: sound effects and music
- Putting the parts together into a complete game
- Deploying your game to players' devices
PART 1 - First steps
PART 2 - Getting comfortable
PART 3 - Strong finish
|Item Size:||0.5 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.49 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.44 x 0.87 x 0.87 inches|