Windows Server 2016 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook - Second Edition: Automate manual administrative tasks with ease
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 6% on the Windows Server 2016 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook - Second Edition: Automate manual administrative tasks with ease by Packt Publishing - ebooks Account at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Key FeaturesAutomate Windows server tasks with the powerful features of the PowerShell LanguageMaster new features such as DevOps, containers, and
- Automate Windows server tasks with the powerful features of the PowerShell Language
- Master new features such as DevOps, containers, and Nano servers, and speed up their performance using PowerShell
- Improve PowerShell's usability, and control and manage Windows-based environments by working through inviting recipes
This book showcases several ways that Windows administrators can use to automate and streamline their job. You'll start with the PowerShell and Windows Server fundamentals, where you'll become well versed with PowerShell and Windows Server features.
In the next module, Core Windows Server 2016, you'll implement Nano Server, manage Windows updates, and implement troubleshooting and server inventories. You'll then move on to the Networking module, where you'll manage Windows network services and network shares.
The last module covers Azure and DSC, where you will use Azure on PowerShell and DSC to easily maintain Windows servers.
What you will learn
- Streamline routine administration processes
- Improve the performance and storage of your Windows server with enhanced large-scale PowerShell scripts
- Use DSC to leverage Windows server features
- Generate automatic reports that highlight unexpected changes in your environment
- Monitor performance and report on system utilization using detailed graphs and analysis
- Create and manage a reliable and redundant Hyper-V environment
- Manage your enterprise's patch level
- Utilize multiple tools and protocols to manage your environment
About the Author
Thomas Lee is a consultant/trainer/writer from England and has been in the IT business since the late 1960's. After graduating from Carnegie Mellon University, Thomas joined ComShare where he was a systems programmer building the Commander II time-sharing operating system, a forerunner of today's Cloud computing paradigm. He moved to Comshare UK in 1975 and later went to work for ICL, again developing operating systems. After a sabbatical in 1980/81, he joined Arthur Andersen Management Consultants (now known as Accenture). He left in 1988 to run his own consulting and training business, which is still active today.
Thomas holds numerous Microsoft certifications, including MCSE (one of the first in the world) and later versions, MCT (22 years), and was awarded Microsoft's MVP award 17 times. He is also a Fellow of the British Computer Society. He has written extensively for the UK trade press, including PC Pro.
Today, Thomas writes and talks mainly on PowerShell and Azure. He currently works for a number of clients to deliver training and to build training courses. Having traveled the world, he entered semi-retirement in 2016 and is spending more time at his cottage in the English countryside, along with his wife, Susan, and their daughter, Rebecca. He continues to give back to the community and spends a lot of time as group administrator for the PowerShell forum on Spiceworks, where he is also a Moderator.
Table of Contents
- Whats new in PowerShell and Windows Server
- Implementing NanoServer
- Managing Windows Updates
- Managing Printers
- Managing Server Backup
- Managing Performance
- Troubleshooting Servers
- Managing Windows Network Services
- Managing Network Shares
- Managing Internet Information Server
- Managing Hyper-V
- Managing Azure
- Using Desired State Configuration
|Manufacturer:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Publisher:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Studio:||Packt Publishing - ebooks Account|
|Item Size:||1.49 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.04 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.5 x 1.49 x 1.49 inches|