Xamarin in Action: Creating native cross-platform mobile apps
Mega Sale! Save 21% on the Xamarin in Action: Creating native cross-platform mobile apps by Manning Publications at EMS Linux. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Summary Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from
Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. By the end, you'll be able to build a quality, production-ready Xamarin app on iOS and Android from scratch with a high level of code reuse.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Rewriting the same app for iOS and Android is tedious, error-prone, and expensive. Microsoft's Xamarin drastically reduces dev time by reusing most application code--typically 70% or more. The core of your iOS and Android app is shared; you write platform-specific code only for the UI layer. And because Xamarin uses C#, your apps benefit from everything this modern language and the .NET ecosystem have to offer.
About the Book
Xamarin in Action teaches you to build cross-platform mobile apps using Xamarin and C#. You'll explore all the layers of a Xamarin app, from design to deployment. Xamarin expert Jim Bennett teaches you design practices that maximize code reuse and isolate device-specific code, making it a snap to incorporate the unique features of each OS.
- Understanding MVVM to maximize code reuse and testability
- Creating cross-platform model and UI logic layers
- Building device-specific UIs
- Unit and automated UI testing
- Preparing apps for publication with user tracking and crash analytics
Readers should have some experience with C#. Mobile development experience is helpful, but not assumed.
About the Author
Jim Bennett is a Senior Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft, specializing in Xamarin mobile apps. He's a frequent speaker at events all around the world, including Xamarin user groups and Xamarin and Microsoft conferences. He regularly blogs about Xamarin development at jimbobbennett.io.
Table of Contents
- PART 1 - GETTING STARTED WITH XAMARIN
- Introducing native cross-platform applications with Xamarin
- Hello MVVM--creating a simple cross-platform app using MVVM
- MVVM--the model-view-view model design pattern
- Hello again, MVVM--understanding and enhancing our simple MVVM app
- What are we (a)waiting for? An introduction to multithreading for Xamarin apps PART 2 - BUILDING APPS
- Designing MVVM cross-platform apps
- Building cross-platform models
- Building cross-platform view models
- Building simple Android views
- Building more advanced Android views
- Building simple iOS views
- Building more advanced iOS views PART 3 - FROM WORKING CODE TO THE STORE
- Running mobile apps on physical devices
- Testing mobile apps using Xamarin UITest
- Using App Center to build, test, and monitor apps
- Deploying apps to beta testers and the stores
|Item Size:||1.25 x 9.5 x 9.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.24 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 1.22 x 1.22 inches|